Hunting my Sons 1947 House.

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to my Son Josh and Courtneys for another cookout tonight. While I was there I dug holes in his yard for 45 minutes.. Their house was built in 1947 so I thought I would give it a shot. Here are some of the finds. 3 Wheaties 1929 D, 1941 & 1946. A pistol Barrel, A Mini Bowe Knife, A 1960 Matchbox Lindsey #35 Snow Kat, Parts of an old Cap Gun, Electric Train Wheel, Bent Belt Buckle, Medicine Bottle with powder inside and a Spring Wheel from a Pocket Watch. I will be going back if they let me! LOL
Overall Finds.jpg
Heads.jpg
Cap Pistol.jpg
Mini Knife.jpg
Pistol Barrel.jpg
Matchbox1.jpg

Attachments

• Tails.jpg
    Tails.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 14

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there should be some silver lurking about between all the other targets. I reckon you should get another invitation for cleaning up their yard.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RF, wtg on taking full advantage of an old patch of dirt! I carry my gear with me everywhere, so anytime I get an opportunity, I am ready for action. Sidenote: similar theme...family cookout, virgin old yard with full permission. "Sure you can detect for metal" the family matriarch barks out...so I locate my first target, kneel and pop out a clad quarter...Family matriarch barks out "Whaja find?"...I show him my quarter...and he exclaims "Hell I didn't know those things found money!"....I just say...."Uhhh yea it IS metal..." (not my side of the family lol)...Ddf

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Dirtdigginfool now that's funny.
Kurios 1,. Finding silver is very likely there. The neighbor was talking to my son and said his wife picked up a Merc in their garden right after he plowed it last year. I think I might ask him if I can check out his property next...��

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty cool assortment of finds, I had a very similar Bowie knife when I was a kid

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, congrats on those! Sounds like there may be more and you may have a way into more of the yards in the neighborhood. Nothing like a little networking to get access to more properties to hunt, Good Luck!

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would definitely (with permission of course!) check out the neighbors yard. HH :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread