Found an IHP

moosescout

Jan 22, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent Memorial day afternoon at a permission I have in Virginia. The home was built in 1802 but tons of landscaping has made it difficult to hunt. Tons of iron on the 3 acres.
Let me tell you how I got this permission. My wife and I were at an antique store in Harpers Ferry when this lady heard us talking about mding. She approached me about using a detector to find boundary markers at her church. A couple of weeks later I met her at her church near DC and in a couple of hours had the markers found. She was quoted several thousand to have it re-surveyed. Needless to say she was pretty happy and offered to pay. I told her no need just let me md on her property and the rest is history. I have found a lot of clad but my favorites are a pre-civil war ax and hatchet. Here is ihp I found yesterday. Still have tons more to detect.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496168729.254576.jpg

My oldest is a 1866 in amazing condition

Upvote 10

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to get permission at a dynamite site and congrats on the IHP. Keep us posted on the future finds!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice IH, love those things. she may open the doors for you at other places. congrats

OP
OP
moosescout

moosescout

Jan 22, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. My wife claims I'm a "smooth" talker. [emoji41] ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496173820.399090.jpg
This is the hatchet after electrolysis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread