Went test panning Sat.and dredged today!!! Found good yellow!!

Z

zeuss69

Drove up and down and around finally last creek under first rock got 11 flakes.Lots of bed rock too!!!!So I'm going to try out the new wet suit heater with my dredge tomorrow.It will be first day of spring 70 degrees first time with new heater.I have moved from where i was so had to reevaluate the area and 2nd day i found what i think is going to be a good hole.Ill post sunday night if all goes well.With picks.

Upvote 0
F

Floater

Re: Went test panning today!

Way to go Zeus. I have some friends up around Banner Elk And Lyndville. They have some creeks and I am going to try my hand at it later this summer. Would really like to follow your progress so keep us posted. HH

OP
OP
Z

zeuss69

Re: Went test panning today!

WoW ! i found an excellent creek!!!!!Will be going back tomorrow this is what i found 2 1/2 hrs dredging.The heater was great completely submerged in water today and it felt like i was taking a bath.I was to awesome had a great time .My father went with me for the first time ever .Well he wasn't sure what it was all about so he came an well he was amazed of the gold that was found in such a short time.Its not going to rain till Tuesday so i think ill go back Monday and really get to work found and saw a few killer spots.I think the whole creek is good but theres a few spots that looks to me like a honey holes. ;D

Attachments

• todays gold sunday 1st spring.JPG
    todays gold sunday 1st spring.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 316

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice color! Been a couple of years since I have been panning, been getting the itch here lately.

OP
OP
Z

zeuss69

Thanks for the replies,This new creek is pertty good went Monday and clean the top off some bed rock for an hour And did very well.haven't had a chance to pan it out and put a pick in yet but ill try to get it done today!!While i was there yesterday two guys stop and talked with me for a few one was an older man.Who has done panning for a long time hes at least in his late 60's.Well he said to me that he knows were some great spots are that he would show me cause hes getting to old to get in water.But according to him theres a hot spot for coins.I'm going to call him and see if we can gettogethere this weekend and dredge for some coins.Ive never had the opportunity but it sounds exciting.He also told me of a few gold areas to try.I thought i was going to start off slow in this new town but seems things are picking up!!Hope to have some good things to show and tell over the next few weeks.Happy hunting to all.I'm in N.C. Ive been going mostly by my self but if theres some one that needs to get out for a day or so get in touch with me. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions