Digging my first copper (Day 1 and Day 2 of the Digging in PA vacation vlog)

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I posted a picture a few days ago of all the trash we dug on vacation in PA. For those that missed that thread, the wife and I and our good friend James drove up to PA to dig with Jocelyn (Relic Recoverist) and The Hoover Boys. It was by far the best vacation I've ever had. I knocked all kinds of items off the bucket list and we couldn't have asked for better company. Jocelyn was a hoot and such a kind "host/tour guide" and Kurt, Bob and Brad were just some cool, down-to-earth, relic-digging-machines as we expected they'd be. The entire experience was spectacular and I already miss the people and the countryside.
While there, Amanda and I accumulated loads and loads and loads of footage. Since we were on vacation, it only felt right to film the entire trip, day by day in a vlog style format.
I finally finished the first video yesterday, for those interested. It's basically the first 2 days of the trip. I'm not sure how well these vlogs will be received in the community and on youtube but I had so much fun editing this footage and I imagine in a few years I'll be glad I decided to go with this style of video since my regular editing style trims away too many subtleties, subtleties I didn't want to lose from this experience.
Anyways, hope some of you enjoy this first video.

-Zach

Upvote 8

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on scratching that bucket lister copper off your list!!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, slowly but surely I'm getting this footage editing. I know many here hate it when videos are posted without pictures but I don't want to post pictures until I'm finished with all of the videos. So in the mean time, please bear with me. As soon as I get the videos edited, I will post pictures in this thread of all the goodies we found. For those of you that enjoy the videos, here's the latest installment of the PA Vacation Vlog. Hope you enjoy.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also want to add that I'm aware that I forgot a few letters on the thumbnail :BangHead: I was in a hurry and had a feral 4 year hanging from my earlobe. I would change it but the YT algorithm is finicky and it could hurt the organic progression.
Anyways, hope you enjoy.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good times had by all. Way cool getting together for historic hunts. Thanks for bringing us along. Congrats on the LC.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looked like an awesome time man :occasion14: The videos are awesome as usual, and congrats on the copper.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like an awesome time man :occasion14: The videos are awesome as usual, and congrats on the copper.

Thanks man! That ole penny has been on the top of my bucketlist for a year now.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as detecting videos I like them ; just not on the format of this site.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as detecting videos I like them ; just not on the format of this site.
I understand. Like I said, I will be posting pictures once the videos are complete. I don't want to give the goodies away prematurely.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright folks, I've finally finished the 3rd vlog from our PA trip. It's taking me forever to get all this footage edited. This has been the busiest summer of my life. Anyways, I'm nearing the end of this little series and at the end, like I said, I'm going to post pictures of all the finds.
In this video, we finally meet up and dig with The Hoover Boys. It was a remarkable time. Hope you enjoy.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright folks, finally got the last video of our trip edited. It was bittersweet. I really do miss PA. Anyways, our last day up there was probably our best day of digging of the whole trip. Hope you enjoy the video. I'm going to do a separate wrap up video because I didn't have enough space on my Mac. I will also post pictures soon.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very cool. I'm living in Pennsylvania now and would love to get together with the Hoover boys.
Congrats to you and the bride on an excellent vacation.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing :occasion14:

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very cool. I'm living in Pennsylvania now and would love to get together with the Hoover boys.
Congrats to you and the bride on an excellent vacation.

Thanks man. It was a great time for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread