3rd silver ring this week, silver quarter, 2 pendants, 51 coins 1 hr 35 minutes

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I started this afternoon door knocking at old houses to get permission but no one was home. I headed to my junior high built in the late 70's for some clad and maybe another ring. I decided to hunt out front where the kids wait for buses. My first signal said quarter at 5 inches. Up came a quarter sized piece of unidentified metal. 2 feet later I get the same signal. I had just started and was still fresh and naive so I figured I would dig out this second piece of junk. Boy was I surprised when out popped the 1957 quarter! I got excited when my next signal said dime at 5 inches. Out came a.......1990 rosie. Back to reality. Some kid lost this 1957 quarter within the last 17 years. half an hour later I found the silver ring in the same area. 50 minutes total hunt time

Next I hit the local high school built in the late 80's to see if I could hit more jewelry. 45 minutes later I had both pendants and some more coins. The pendant with the black stone is pewter and the stone is not real, but it is a cool find none the less. The copper pendant predates the school and was 6 inches deep, much deeper than the other targets. If you look closely right side up and upside down you will see:

SYS, SWS, SMS, and SrS. Weird huh???

Attachments

• detecting 112.jpg
    detecting 112.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 417
  • detecting 104.jpg
    detecting 104.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 360
  • detecting 098.jpg
    detecting 098.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 422
  • detecting 099.jpg
    detecting 099.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 371
  • detecting 101.jpg
    detecting 101.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 1

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Nice little silver and onax pendant.

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt!

Very productive!

You gonna visit the area again?

HH from M2

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on having a great week. Awesome to see the silver quarter show up unexpectedly, but not a total surprise. Still a bit o silver in today's coin so a person losing it early 70's, 80's...etc..is very feasible.

Rev

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
M-Squared said:
Nice hunt!

Very productive!

You gonna visit the area again?

HH from M2

I will be going again. That is the third time I have hunted there in the last 3 weeks and I have found MANY quarters and coins, 3 silver rings, the silver quarter. The GTI of the Garrett 2500 is great at weeding out the targets that on my old detector said "quarter at 5 inches" that ended up being a can at 12 inches. The GTI is right on. This field has a lot of junk, so other people stopped digging the deep quarter signals. I have found so many quarters there at 4 to 5 inches is amazing.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your third silver ring this week. That must be a E T ring. LOL Keep us posted, and really like your pics.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
My wife thinks I am half Alien so an ET ring would be a perfect fit for me. The ring is actually marked as trademarked, so I am not sure what to think of it. I am getting spoiled by the amount of rings I have been finding in Utah of all places. None of my eighty or so rings are water finds. I can't complain, keep em coming oh God of metal detecting.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Really good finds! I find a lot at high schools in the islands where they park their cars. The kids hang out there before class starts and after school lets out. Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread