Sunday I hunted 2 parks, 1 with 8 legs, 1 with 3 legs....

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Tried to beat the heat this morning and I did...for a little while.... :(

Went to a park half a block from my local Post Office, taking my White's IDX with the 4X6 shooter coil on it. After about 30 minutes of picking up some clad coins in the woodchips, through my lightweight headphones I hear some dogs barking. Looking around I see 2 dogs ( the 8 legs) trotting toward my way, barking. Turning toward them and looking up at them from time to time, I made sure they knew I saw them coming. Still detecting but facing them I kept watching them to let them know, that I know they are there. They had no collars so I was cautious, and I slowly detected my way back to my car. They sat in the area I had just detected and I was still glancing at them to make sure they knew I was watching them, as they were watching me.
I got back to my car and took off to another park, since I had only dug a few clad coins....... before I was interrupted. ;)

The 2nd park was once part of a 100+ acre plot of land from the late 1800's, and I have gotten a few clad coins from the park. Starting in the totlot I start picking up some clad coins. I spied an Elephant on the woodchips...(glad he didn't poop...) :P and it was missing 1 ear and 1 leg (the 3 legs)...hmmmmm....maybe the dogs from the other park ate them.... ;)

Still in the woodchips I get a nickel reading, and pulled up this gold ring.
GOLD!!!!!!!!
It is only a 18K GE (plated) and my 11th ring found this year.
I'm due to find a real solid gold ring very soon !!!!!

I decide to hit the grass area, and picking up a few clad coins, I then get a dime signal...a nice 1948 Rosy dime!!!!
SILVER!!!!!!!
Finding a few more clad coins, and then I get a low signal.....I am thinking another piece of foil???? But out comes the small Ladybug!!!!!
After about 20 minutes of finding nothing else, I give in to the heat, and pack it up.

After I got home, I tested the stone in the ring........it's a CZ.... :(

Attachments

• SunHunt.jpg
    SunHunt.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 335
  • Good.jpg
    Good.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread