sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all. It's been a while since I last posted in "today's finds". I've been very busy working and being a dad to an almost 2-year old! Needless to say, I'm BUSY!!! However, I had some free time this last weekend and also a bit today. So the pics I will post are from last Sunday and early this afternoon.

So Sunday I went to my usual park in west Fresno. Didn't find much other than $2.55 in clad and an interesting green stone wrapped in silver strands. I posted the stone the other day to the geological forum here to identify it and someone said it was "malachite ". Never heard of it, but cool looking rock nonetheless.

Now today I went to a new spot. I tried a school (since they all just closed for the summer) that is on the north side of town...which is the more wealthy side ;) I thought, "if I look around long enough, I'm bound to find some good jewelry "! Well, the second target I got was a 1986 $200 (peso) Mexican coin in a bezel and on a chain! Sweet! I was searching next to a group of pull-up bars right at the entrance of the school. I pulled out a small lock and a little more clad, then by the time I got to the other end of the bars, I got a good 50's signal. Was thinking it might be gold....and I was right! Small 10K ring with I believe a ruby in center. There's also 2 VERY small diamond to each side of the ruby. I'm very very happy with the find! That was all in the first 10 ministers. Spent another hour there and left with a little over a dollar in clad. Good little hunt! HH everyone!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476798.972850.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476813.607507.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476836.672489.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476871.470788.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476928.669658.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476943.727541.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476960.248718.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476977.737817.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497476994.036011.jpg

Upvote 25

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold!
I can only imagine finding something that awesome.......

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the gold ring, sounds like a great spot to hit harder

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you much!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I like the ring and the coin. I remember when my kids were cute now there 16 and 17 still keeping me busy!!! Thanks for the great post!!! Hope to see you on here more!!!Tommy

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds I like the ring and the coin. I remember when my kids were cute now there 16 and 17 still keeping me busy!!! Thanks for the great post!!! Hope to see you on here more!!!Tommy

Hey thanks Tommy!! I hope to keep up with posting and some more good finds. I bet that's fun having teenagers....well, I remember how I was as a teen, so maybe FUN isn't the word I should use haha. But they'll always be your babies! Mine is growing too quick. Kinda sad to think about

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Tommy!! I hope to keep up with posting and some more good finds. I bet that's fun having teenagers....well, I remember how I was as a teen, so maybe FUN isn't the word I should use haha. But they'll always be your babies! Mine is growing too quick. Kinda sad to think about
The youngest just brought her friends hedgehog pet into her room shes baby sitting it without asking the other thought I could only track her phone so she leaves it at her friends on a sleep over but didnt know I have an IPAD in her trunk to track her at 130 am when shes supposed to be at a sleep over. Funny thing I was much much worse!!!!!Metal detecting is my saving grace. I love em to death even though all my gold and jewelery dissapears!!!!!!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeweler just confirmed the stone is a real ruby. Sweet!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds.
Gold is always fantastic and it looks like you killed the jewelry. Congrats.

I'm just getting back into hunting and plan on hitting some of my schools spots. Sports fields are the best places to score easy jewelry.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had to guess I would guess it's not a ruby based on the fact that it's a 10K ring. Then again; a ruby in 10K is not completely unheard of. It is uncommon but you never know until you know.
I would definitely get it checked either way. Could also be a garnet or corundum. It's a nice looking ring so hopefully at the very least it's a garnet.

The green stone in silver is awesome. have you figured out what it is exactly yet??

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the gold!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had to guess I would guess it's not a ruby based on the fact that it's a 10K ring. Then again; a ruby in 10K is not completely unheard of. It is uncommon but you never know until you know.
I would definitely get it checked either way. Could also be a garnet or corundum. It's a nice looking ring so hopefully at the very least it's a garnet.

The green stone in silver is awesome. have you figured out what it is exactly yet??

Well, I had it checked out by two jewelers last week after finding it. It is most definitely a natural ruby! Not a lab-made one, but a natural one!! And after looking around at a lot of other examples, 10K is the most common gold I've seen with rubies. Might have just been the examples I've seen though...Who knows. But 10K is most definitely worthy. That's for sure!! Even if the ring was 18K or 20 something K, the ruby is still going to be greater in value.

And as for that green stone I found in the silver wrap, it is Malachite! Pretty nice looking rock

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you found all that with the first ten ministers imagine the finds if the whole church was involved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread