...dime, dime, quarter, dime, quarter, dime, dime, nickel! Naaaahhhh....

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right, it wasn't real hot today but, *I* was real lazy! :tongue3:

I decided to just go for a "quarter" hunt today.

Sometimes, I just need to unwind and not "detect".
Not, use the skills I've learned to discern those deeper, older targets.
Like a kid in a candy store, as it were. LOL

I was moving thru the paces and enjoying the walk and the not having to
fight to discern. Like the subject line says, I was calling my targets;
Quarter...quarter...dime....penny on top.... and I did dig a couple of those cuz they were "on top". ;)

So, I got a nickle hit....actually said....naaaah....then figuring that it was not deep, I dug.

2017 (492).jpg
2017 (493).jpg

Yep! Allllllllllmost!! A risk of "skimming".
Fortunately, some- (ONE), told me to dig.
Better listen!! LOL

2017 (495).jpg
2017 (496).jpg
2017 (494).jpg

Actually, a better day than this. I was pretty happy when I left so
I celebrated with five dollars of coins at a Micky-D's. LOL

Enjoy the day folks!
And thanks for peeking!

Upvote 38
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the awesome gold ring! I am usually surprised when it really is a nickle and even more when it is gold but I dig them all

I usually dig more signals than just about anybody. But, remember, I said this was a very *lazy* day for me. I went out, intending to only dig quarters and surface finds. I paid an awful lot of money for what I believe to be one of the *best* discriminators out there! Might as well get some good use out of it on a day like this. ;)

Other times, if I dug *EVERY* signal....I might as well rent a bulldozer and just take the top layer off. :tongue3:

Thanks!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!! Man I haven't gone on a "quarter" hunt in a long while, I miss it. Know what I'm going to do one this week. Like you I'd end up with a ring every so often, silver though. Congrats on that 14k !!!! Super surprise!!! Funny how you mentioned someone told you to dig....... strange how that happens sometimes, that inner voice that urges us to dig a target we may normally pass on. Great post. HH

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Congrats!
That is awesome!

Sometimes its amazing what can happen when we get out of His way, and don't try so hard to do it ourselves!

I like the fact that it was to be a relaxing stroll! I guess He figured you needed a little "extra" cardio!

I hope you have lots of pictures of it cause thats gone! Blingie is about to roll that one to his treasure room!

And Fishy is in the top "100"!

That sir was an awesome stroll!
And you did get a Mc D's treat for yourself. ��

Thanks! Oh, and don't worry about the ring. I'm keeping it! I'm gonna have it bronzed and hang it over the fireplace!! :tongue3:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Sweet ring! Nice, and bet you enjoyed the celebration! :icon_thumright:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a sports field i would like to do that at but....i would have to dig literally every square inch of it, as they have used old garbage furnace waste as land fill here, and its full of metal. One of these days i will try to clear out a 1 ft. X 1 ft. area....just to be able to ground balance my detector.
I know there are goodies still there in the ground it had history. And its where i found the musket ball, standing liberty quarter, several silver rings, gold ring, and silver dimes. So yes a little more carefull attentive hunting is in order.

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring!!! I know exactly what you are talking abour on the "quarter" hunts. Those solid mid tones are sure hard to pass up, good thing you didn't pass on that one

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a sports field i would like to do that at but....i would have to dig literally every square inch of it, as they have used old garbage furnace waste as land fill here, and its full of metal. One of these days i will try to clear out a 1 ft. X 1 ft. area....just to be able to ground balance my detector.
I know there are goodies still there in the ground it had history. And its where i found the musket ball, standing liberty quarter, several silver rings, gold ring, and silver dimes. So yes a little more carefull attentive hunting is in order.

Yes...."careful" *is* the key word! In a place that has a LOT of garbage requires a very slow approach. A smaller coil would be helpful. The idea is to hear the "quarter" in-between the many pieces of junk lying next to it. It's tough but very possible, with a LOT of practice. Once you learn the technique, you might just be surprised. Try it sometime. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread