Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: ...dime, dime, quarter, dime, quarter, dime, dime, nickel! Naaaahhhh....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    6688 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Awesome ring recovery! Blingie seems very pleased.
    WHADIFIND likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    4443 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Glad you followed your "intuition". Very nice piece of gold. All done on a casual stroll. Can't beat that.
    WHADIFIND likes this.
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2304 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That's why we dig Nickle signals, All of mine were Foil and compressed Can slaw today HH Chug Red and I Are Fighting Some Bug here But still Getting Out When Its No Raining
    WHADIFIND and dirtlooter like this.
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2563 times
    Metal Detecting
    LOL, on my last display machine it would read nickel for 9 sweeps and pull tab on the tenth. It was always a pull tab. I like how your machine works much better.
    WHADIFIND and Chug And Red like this.

congrats on the awesome gold ring! I am usually surprised when it really is a nickle and even more when it is gold but I dig them all
    WHADIFIND likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    12709 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    congrats on the awesome gold ring! I am usually surprised when it really is a nickle and even more when it is gold but I dig them all
    I usually dig more signals than just about anybody. But, remember, I said this was a very *lazy* day for me. I went out, intending to only dig quarters and surface finds. I paid an awful lot of money for what I believe to be one of the *best* discriminators out there! Might as well get some good use out of it on a day like this.

Other times, if I dug *EVERY* signal....I might as well rent a bulldozer and just take the top layer off.

Thanks!
    Msbeepbeep likes this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Apr 2014
    New York
    XP DEUS, Minelab CTX 3030
    2919 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    WTG!! Man I haven't gone on a "quarter" hunt in a long while, I miss it. Know what I'm going to do one this week. Like you I'd end up with a ring every so often, silver though. Congrats on that 14k !!!! Super surprise!!! Funny how you mentioned someone told you to dig....... strange how that happens sometimes, that inner voice that urges us to dig a target we may normally pass on. Great post. HH
    WHADIFIND likes this.

DIG WE MUST !!!!!!

Apr 2012
    12709 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    Well done! Congrats!
    That is awesome!

Sometimes its amazing what can happen when we get out of His way, and don't try so hard to do it ourselves!

I like the fact that it was to be a relaxing stroll! I guess He figured you needed a little "extra" cardio!

I hope you have lots of pictures of it cause thats gone! Blingie is about to roll that one to his treasure room!

And Fishy is in the top "100"!

That sir was an awesome stroll!
    And you did get a Mc D's treat for yourself. ��
    Thanks! Oh, and don't worry about the ring. I'm keeping it! I'm gonna have it bronzed and hang it over the fireplace!!
    Msbeepbeep likes this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    823 times
    Congrats on the Sweet ring! Nice, and bet you enjoyed the celebration!
    WHADIFIND likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    8193 times
    I have a sports field i would like to do that at but....i would have to dig literally every square inch of it, as they have used old garbage furnace waste as land fill here, and its full of metal. One of these days i will try to clear out a 1 ft. X 1 ft. area....just to be able to ground balance my detector.
    I know there are goodies still there in the ground it had history. And its where i found the musket ball, standing liberty quarter, several silver rings, gold ring, and silver dimes. So yes a little more carefull attentive hunting is in order.
    WHADIFIND likes this.

us
    Jan 2014
    Illinois
    Minelab Etrac AT Pro Tesoro Vaquero Whites Eagle Spectrum Whites MX5
    515 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congrats on the ring!!! I know exactly what you are talking abour on the "quarter" hunts. Those solid mid tones are sure hard to pass up, good thing you didn't pass on that one
    WHADIFIND likes this.

Apr 2012
    12709 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    I have a sports field i would like to do that at but....i would have to dig literally every square inch of it, as they have used old garbage furnace waste as land fill here, and its full of metal. One of these days i will try to clear out a 1 ft. X 1 ft. area....just to be able to ground balance my detector.
    I know there are goodies still there in the ground it had history. And its where i found the musket ball, standing liberty quarter, several silver rings, gold ring, and silver dimes. So yes a little more carefull attentive hunting is in order.
    Yes...."careful" *is* the key word! In a place that has a LOT of garbage requires a very slow approach. A smaller coil would be helpful. The idea is to hear the "quarter" in-between the many pieces of junk lying next to it. It's tough but very possible, with a LOT of practice. Once you learn the technique, you might just be surprised. Try it sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links