Swishing swindle...a good boy goes bad (photos)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....Bob Marley said it all in a song. "Sun is shining weather is sweet. Makes you want to move your swishing feet." Well not an exact quote of the lyrics but did fit this bouy's mood so I grabbed Marie and my gear and we headed out the door on our way to a few local lakes with Otto's windows down blowing my two hairs all over the place.

Arriving at the first lake Marie made herself comfortable on the beach while I loaded up to go in the water. Um........no beeps from the Seahunter. Batteries must be dead. No problem so I went back to the car and like a seasoned pro I retrieved the spare set I had put in the dash for just an occasion such as this. So back down to the beach and Marie helps me change the batteries.......um........one beep. Darn the dam things had lost all their juice being in the car. Double dam those Dollar Store batteries! Leaving Marie in ipod heaven I went back to the car and pulled out to find an open store for some working batteries and was back faser then a seagull into a garbage dumpster at closing time.

Returning to our spot on the beach I gave Marie a little peck on the cheek and asked her yet again to open yet again another package of batteries as I took apart the Seahunter.
47b7d624b3127cceb93f3fed968100000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Well me son I was fit to be filleted for when I put the batteries in not a beep came from the machine when I turned it on. I immediately checked the connections to the coil and headphones (held in place with two popsicle sticks and duct tape) with everything intact. Marie then pipes up and says, "Dear did you put the battery thingy in correctly." So I tore the Seahunter apart and "Da" a Bluenoser moment as I had put the battery pack in upside down. Wasn't long then me son that the Seahunter was a purring.
47b7d624b3127cceb93f3f07966b00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Had done this lake a few weeks ago and wasnt expecting any great finds but a few did end up in my sieve
47b7d624b3127cceb93f3fd0178c00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
including another green racing car dinkie....another of Otto's offsprings. Man that bouy gets around! Lake gave up a few more coins and it was time to pull up the anchor and cruise on down to another lake.

The next lake was a tad more crowded and in my weakened state I was thinking of Bud and his family. I made a bet with Marie on how many coins I'd find at this lake with the loser buying an ice cream on the way back with the added bonus being if a silver ring was found she would automatically win with a gold one giving me the prize. I could see the smile and smirk on her face as I counted the coins...9,10, 11..........she had guessed 12 and I a mere 5. Take for the day was an Otto green offspring, earing, key, hair clip a dewy and 19 coins @ $3.25
47b7d624b3127cceb93f3fef968300000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Anyway on the way home after the ice cream we stopped at a store that just happened to be attached to a "smart shop" (liquor store) and thought I'd invite Bud and his crew home. Of course I borrowed $20 from Marie. Upon entering Bud's House noticed that one brand was giving away a hat with a purchase of a dozen so what the squid jigging around I picked one up along with a very cool fedora! Noticed too that the beer was made in Mexico which reminded me of the bouys on my "C" shift at work who were sweating it out. I had taken the day off and once home gave them a toast in their honour. When I first came to "C" shift (known by the other shifts as the Mexican or "Yes" shift) I always thought Manuel Labour was some Mexican bouy but soon found out that that the "C' was the first letter in the shift motto "Call the new guy he can do it." Man they are indeed true to their name as I've run up and down the terminal so many times that I've worn my legs down and now have to bum around.

Of course once Rutgar saw the straw hat and beer he laid claim to it like a tuna feeding in a school of macheral.
47b7d624b3127cceb93f3fd796bb00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
Thanks to my sister Mick for lending me her camera as mine is beig repaired....again!

Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story as usual Les...I work the "C" shift as well up the Valley from you!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Don't ya just love it when Murphy's law is on your side. At least you finally were up and running. Some nice finds, keep em coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread