Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday, we went to the site a little after daylight and got a couple of hours in. It is amazing how we go from too much rain to the ground being hard as a rock. Anyways, we didn't get any clad at all last evening when it was so hot but we picked up about two dollars today. I hit a penny spill that I knew by how thin and worn out the coins were that they had to being wheaties or maybe a IH or two. Well, the soil was not very nice to any of these as they were really toasted. I had three that there was no way to read the dates, the three that I could read were 1954, 1938 and 1929. This was the most wheaties for me in one day, one of them was my wife's first wheatie. Dug a hole to right at a foot for the plated spoon(no name or anything else) it was hard earned. The whistle is still usable after getting the dirt out of it. The compact was from last evening. I got one of the bent keys, my wife got the other one then she got the small skeleton style key. She was on a role as she found a 21 coin spill, she got very excited as they just kept coming out of the ground. Then she found the two cars, I found the bottom of a car and a hood. But her favorite find was the sprocket looking thing the said "The Road to a Friend's House is never long." We dug a lot of pull rings and tabs plus a lot of spent bullets, all modern. I dug a horse shoe and other brass fittings etc. I even tried out the "sifter program" in a iron infested spot and that was where I got the brass stuff so it seemed to work pretty well. Did dig several bottle caps but it happens. I know with wheaties like that, there has to be some silver somewhere. This place is close to twenty acres so I will have a lot of places to detect. should keep us busy for quite a while. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 0617172132c_Burst01.jpg
    0617172132c_Burst01.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 11
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice display of goodies! :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt,,, with all the Wheat Pennies, thereally has to be some silver close by.
Congrats to you and the bride.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it has been hard pressed to find the wheaties the last year or so around here and to find them that old is very exciting for me because I know that there has to be war nickles, buffs, and other great coins somewhere in the area. it rained hard yesterday and now I have to let the ground dry up some to avoid a muddy mess. the wife and I are chomping at the bits to get back in there.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that do sound like potential to me. Love it when a place like that offers itself.

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread