Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By trapperart

Thread: New permission has potential

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

New permission has potential

Yesterday, we went to the site a little after daylight and got a couple of hours in. It is amazing how we go from too much rain to the ground being hard as a rock. Anyways, we didn't get any clad at all last evening when it was so hot but we picked up about two dollars today. I hit a penny spill that I knew by how thin and worn out the coins were that they had to being wheaties or maybe a IH or two. Well, the soil was not very nice to any of these as they were really toasted. I had three that there was no way to read the dates, the three that I could read were 1954, 1938 and 1929. This was the most wheaties for me in one day, one of them was my wife's first wheatie. Dug a hole to right at a foot for the plated spoon(no name or anything else) it was hard earned. The whistle is still usable after getting the dirt out of it. The compact was from last evening. I got one of the bent keys, my wife got the other one then she got the small skeleton style key. She was on a role as she found a 21 coin spill, she got very excited as they just kept coming out of the ground. Then she found the two cars, I found the bottom of a car and a hood. But her favorite find was the sprocket looking thing the said "The Road to a Friend's House is never long." We dug a lot of pull rings and tabs plus a lot of spent bullets, all modern. I dug a horse shoe and other brass fittings etc. I even tried out the "sifter program" in a iron infested spot and that was where I got the brass stuff so it seemed to work pretty well. Did dig several bottle caps but it happens. I know with wheaties like that, there has to be some silver somewhere. This place is close to twenty acres so I will have a lot of places to detect. should keep us busy for quite a while. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0617172132c_Burst01.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	773.1 KB 
ID:	1463249  
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    7518 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice display of goodies!
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    12159 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Excellent hunt,,, with all the Wheat Pennies, thereally has to be some silver close by.
    Congrats to you and the bride.
    dirtlooter likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    art

Dec 2015
    Maryland's eastern shore
    whites MXTPro whites MXSport
    12557 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice assortment of finds congrats and good luck
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Growing old is not for sissies I thought it would take longer to get old.

it has been hard pressed to find the wheaties the last year or so around here and to find them that old is very exciting for me because I know that there has to be war nickles, buffs, and other great coins somewhere in the area. it rained hard yesterday and now I have to let the ground dry up some to avoid a muddy mess. the wife and I are chomping at the bits to get back in there.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    13058 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Yeah, that do sound like potential to me. Love it when a place like that offers itself.

Good luck!
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    8181 times

..: NICE FINDS Dirt :..
    Thanks for sharing!

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

TreasureNet is a family friendly forum with the only exception being our Charter Member > Politics Forum. Please post by our rules, watch the language and the insults. Calling members a troll, using ôlocker room" language in your signatures, using special characters to bypass our language sensor -violates our rules. Again, please post by our rules.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links