Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday the weatherman said "Passing Showers. I packed up the Excalibur, put on the wet suit and headed for the beach. After all, I was going into the water anyway. After about 2 hours in the water, it starts to rain. Then the rain got heavy. Then we got downpours. This goes on for about an hour before it became evident that these were not "Passing Showers "
I picked up my towel and bag, ( which were soaked), and headed for shelter. The downpours continued for 3 hours. So much for "Passing Showers"
20170618_161929.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Evidently those same clouds are heading up here now. We've got a flash flood warning up already and it's not even cloudy yet. They say two inches of rain tomorrow though. Too bad your hunt got cut short, better luck next time.:icon_thumright:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that is an interpretation thing, you know, compared to a week solid rain LOL. I like the 20% chances that turn into 6 to 8 inch rains. better luck next time

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would demand to speak with Amy Freeze alone in her office with the door locked & lights off.:laughing7:

then I would repeat that with Audrey Puente :laughing7: :love10: :tongue1: :love4: :angel11: :love9:

the weeds are growing their own weeds with rain 4 days every week

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was three hours north west from where you were trout fishing and we only had a sprinkle for about 10 minutes, sorry you got poured on. Heck at least you got out for a while and scooped up some finds! Congrats and HH

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got some keepers ATW. Now that your ground is saturated with water, you will be able to pull out them deep Spanish Silvers. We got some much-needed rain this week and weekend and I was doing the happy dance.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It should only rain at night.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when your are out digging in the intermittent rain and the sun glares through the clouds, making those golden showers that just mess up your day... Glad you are out digging ATW! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have Flash Flood Warnings in effect this afternoon. Heavy downpours with lightning and damaging winds are all part of the package. It doesn't look like we will get a day without rain until Thursday.
Maybe I can swing the coil on my bathroom? ?

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds. I thought all showers were passing, just different amounts of time in passing

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I eagerly await gazing at Audrey today, and clinging to her___________________________________________________________________________________________________________every word on the changing climate :tongue1::love7:
We have Flash Flood Warnings in effect this afternoon. Heavy downpours with lightning and damaging winds are all part of the package. It doesn't look like we will get a day without rain until Thursday.
Maybe I can swing the coil on my bathroom? ?

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when it rains, it washes away the top layer of sand at the beach, once you see those pebbles revealed under there you know the loot is near the surface, more fun after the showers are over though.:thumbsup:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATW, looks like you did manage a bit of finds during the deluge so congrats on those finds! As far as passing showers, only when you are standing in the studio watching the clouds go by and dodging the unhappy viewers asking the same thing. As far as swing the coil in the bathroom, well, depends on the amount of room and what you have lost in there. GL HH:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread