Bucket List Seated surprise, Old coke bottles, SC Disp. Bottles, Buttons and More!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This random free style permission is starting to amaze me. As you saw in my last posts I've been digging a lot of bottles from a bottle pit. Its not a privy because it looks like there is nothing under a clay layer at around 2 and a half feet deep. I might need a probe just to make sure. This post is a wrap up of my last couple hunts out there in the brutal heat.

Couple Wrap up shots of the finds.
IMG_4794.jpg IMG_4795.jpg

I dug my 5th SC Dispensary Bottle and this one is the best yet. Cleaned up with with no chips and is pretty clear.
B36C5CAC-487B-4EB6-B09C-7D7ADC233CF0.jpg

Then I dug an awesome Coca Cola Bottling Co Charleston, SC bottle! Now I haven't any examples of this one anywhere and my knowledge of it is minimum. Someone said it might be 1900-1905. Any help on it would be great. The other Coke bottle was another 1906 version, i think.
IMG_4770.jpg IMG_4772.jpg IMG_4775.jpg

I dug another bucket lister. I was getting a very broken 32-33 signal on the Safari. The only reason I was able to hear it was because my speaker on the detector went out and I to dig with headphones in. Might have to wear them every time now. When i popped the plug i could see a tiny round piece of silver and I knew it was half dime! Ended up being my first Seated Half Dime, 1853 and this time its not a counterfeit (if anyone remembers my 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dime which i'm 99% sure is a contemporary fake, still cool but heartbreaker.) If it wasn't holed that would have been even more evidence of pre 1880's occupancy of the site.
IMG_4783.jpg IMG_4798.jpg IMG_4799.jpg

I dug the third CW relic from this site (J-hook, 3 Ringer) and it is my first Confederate SC Cuff. I've only dug 23mm SC buttons but this one is coming in around 19mm. Having a hard time making out the backmark but i think i see a VIL indicating Scovill but not 100% sure. Little smushed unfortunately but i'll take it.
IMG_4735.jpg IMG_4801.jpg
IMG_4802.jpg

Dug a whole mess of wheats and got one IHP 1906.
IMG_4797.jpg IMG_4803.jpg

Now we get to some of the other relics.
Fancy metal thing that i dug in the bottom of the bottle dump...no idea what it is but i think this clip goes with it.
IMG_4804.jpg

A watch fob from Harrisburg, PA not sure how old that is. Three little buttons that were all dug in the pit. Really need to sift that bottle dump..maybe i'll wait for VMI. Make him do some of the hard work too.
IMG_4796.jpg

A little garter clasp, A small marine button with a screw shank my guess is post cw/ pre ww1. Feel free to help on that one. Then a 4 hole, i think aluminum, button. and a little gold plated cufflink.
IMG_4805.jpg

Dug a toe tap, little buckle, little dainty broach, and a large lead thing. Need help on this one for sure..looks like ivy on a gate or something but i have no idea what this would have been.
IMG_4806.jpg IMG_4809.jpg IMG_4807.jpg IMG_4808.jpg

Dug a pocket watch piece. A two piece button that i can't make out. Guessing post cw. A tag for a Effanbee Doll which dates to the early 1900's. And a odd button with a patent date of Feb. 7, 1888. Was actually able to find that patent online here https://www.google.com/patents/US377446
IMG_4810.jpg IMG_4811.jpg IMG_4812.jpg

A few more pieces of Harmonica reed. A little clasp (not sure). Copper ring. The thing in the bottom left of the pic im not sure on. Its almost like a lead token. Cant make out whats on it. And an odd little piece of brass. You can see 2 on it and left of the 2 looks like it could have been a 3. Not sure what that would have been...any guesses?
IMG_4814.jpg IMG_4815.jpg

Thanks for reading...sorry if these get a little long. I attempted another video which i'll either edit into this post here or put it in a comment. Good luck out there!

Last edited:
Upvote 34
OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Stef, looks like you've been busy on that permission. I'm sure those dispensary bottles look great in the display. Half dime and SC cuff are just icing on the cake.

Thanks bud! You need to get home already before i dig it all. This site is going to get us a lot more than relics btw. Owner already has offered to get us on more properties. So this is just the beginning!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent pile of finds.
So what exactly is free style permission?? Do you just start driving and knock on doors??

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pile of finds.
So what exactly is free style permission?? Do you just start driving and knock on doors??

Haha yeah that was a nod to the American pickers. I was just driving scouting for some possible sites and saw a guy out in his field and went up and asked for permission.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent set of finds! I'm glad you found your bucket list seated 1/2d. Great bottles and buttons too. The ceramic ones look so cool to me! Congrats buddy

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent set of finds! I'm glad you found your bucket list seated 1/2d. Great bottles and buttons too. The ceramic ones look so cool to me! Congrats buddy

Thanks bud! Nothing like seeing a tiny round piece of silver...well other than being a huge round piece of silver haha.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i wish i could have a link or something that has the history of the bottle. So far I've got nothing to go on.

Can't post a link from where I am now but I did post a link on your first Coke bottle thread not long ago. Your bottles bear the maker mark of Chatanooga Glass Co.....C in a diamond.If you Google that and add Coke bottle to it you will see some info . That's a nice one there you got.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing variety of early finds! Congrats!

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't post a link from where I am now but I did post a link on your first Coke bottle thread not long ago. Your bottles bear the maker mark of Chatanooga Glass Co.....C in a diamond.If you Google that and add Coke bottle to it you will see some info . That's a nice one there you got.

Yeah I'll go check that out. The Charleston bottle has no base mark on it. So not sure.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job on the filming,I love to watch people dig bottles. You had some really nice finds over the coarse of time. Bet it's HOOOOTTTT down there on South Carolina.

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the filming,I love to watch people dig bottles. You had some really nice finds over the coarse of time. Bet it's HOOOOTTTT down there on South Carolina.

It's brutal! Sunday when I dug the half dime about passed out. So hot!

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops had to re-upload the video...should be good to go on youtube. Enjoy and like/subscribe if you wanna see more.

https://youtu.be/RRdfbWjy6SY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread