Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We hurried back to the new permission this evening to hunt from about 7:30 till dark. My wife found the first good find with the gilded pin, has two clasps on back. I had gone back to the wheatie spill spot from yesterday and quickly found another very toasted wheatie. I thought that I could make out 16 for the last two digits. I was really working the area pretty good when I hit a barely repeatable signal, no VDI numbers and was almost questionable on pin point mode. I dug deep and finally got it out, looked nasty and blackish and I wasn't sure what I had. After lightly cleaning it, the silver face of a Merc began to shine thru. My first Merc in like forever! it is a beautiful 41 Merc, great detail unlike the toasted wheaties. I found a couple old memorials that were becoming somewhat toasted and a little clad. It was getting dark and the wife was ready to go so we headed home. She was telling me of this chunk of something that she got in the dark and as she pulled it out, she realized it was her first knife find so she was stoked too. Oh yeah, she officially became a coin spitter too as she tried to read the date on the wheatie. We dug a lot of old pull rings and a few bottle caps with a mix of bullets and cases thrown in. The Merc drought is finally over.

Attachments

• CIMG1734.JPG
    CIMG1734.JPG
    610 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG1736.JPG
    CIMG1736.JPG
    707 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG1737.JPG
    CIMG1737.JPG
    645.7 KB · Views: 67
  • CIMG1741.JPG
    CIMG1741.JPG
    543.4 KB · Views: 89
  • CIMG1738.JPG
    CIMG1738.JPG
    726.4 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 13

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice day out ! I never tire of seeing those mercs - classic design is always a sight for sore eyes !

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So awesome to have a detecting wife. My girlfriends idea of treasure hunting is at nordstroms Rack!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So awesome to have a detecting wife. My girlfriends idea of treasure hunting is at nordstroms Rack!

Ha! That's good stuff trdking, I've encouraged my wife to hunt with me...the only time she showed a blink of interest was when I dug a huge, gold, diamond-encrusted ring...THAT got her attention! Alas, twas Avon...lol. We have a deal now, I don't drag her into the tick-infested woods and she don't drag me into the stores...workin' out fine so far...Ddf

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice finds. Its nice that you have your wife to go with you and enjoy in the excitement of one or both of you making some nice finds.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Gilded pin is a US collar disc from an Engineering regiment.

Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks

Tell your wife that I said 'congrats'... she'll know what I mean.

Best of luck to you both!

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never dug up a knife yet. Congratulations to your wife on her first one.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

actually we do just about everything together, she's my best friend as well. we get very competitive when detecting or fishing..loser buys the chocolate frosty at wendys. yeah, I do and go to a few things that aren't my cup of tea but so does she and in the end we get even closer. She beams when she finds something good and the sparkle in her eyes says it all. I don't work anymore but she does and if I find something good, like a ring, she expects pics or for me to come by and show her. she wears the first silver ring that I found. I treat her special and she does me too. never thought this was possible, you know, just happened to other people... hey, I am one of those other people!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually we do just about everything together, she's my best friend as well. we get very competitive when detecting or fishing..loser buys the chocolate frosty at wendys. yeah, I do and go to a few things that aren't my cup of tea but so does she and in the end we get even closer. She beams when she finds something good and the sparkle in her eyes says it all. I don't work anymore but she does and if I find something good, like a ring, she expects pics or for me to come by and show her. she wears the first silver ring that I found. I treat her special and she does me too. never thought this was possible, you know, just happened to other people... hey, I am one of those other people!
That my friend is Freaking AWESOME. Protect that like a golden child. Im a little jealous.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I also envy yr , connection with the Wife, Metal Detecting & Coins Are Cuss Words to my wife & now my 9 year old ( cause he has heard her complain about Detecting & coins since he was born.).

I may hunt Once a Week , maybe a little more in Fall & Winter Or if I find a 'Hot Spot'.

It really SUX! Please forgive my 'French' but it does.

Also I know how you feel , as I dug my 1st Silver Dime (a 54 Roosie) , Since November 2016.
Congratz to the Wife o the Knife.
Davers

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have always been one of those people that gets as much out of watching someone else catch the big fish that I could have caught, especially a kid or beginner, the same with deer hunting, detecting or anything else. I just love to see the huge grin or hear the sheer excitement as it happens or they tell others about it. What good is being good at something if you aren't passing it on or sharing the enjoyment with someone? We have the ability to make awesome memories or just memories by what we choose to do when an opportunity arises. I will have a kid or even my wife to come and dig or help dig a potential good find. I figure that a kid out detecting is one less couch potato.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread