The Wife joins the knife club and I pull Silver out of the New Permission
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The Wife joins the knife club and I pull Silver out of the New Permission

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    13176 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

The Wife joins the knife club and I pull Silver out of the New Permission

We hurried back to the new permission this evening to hunt from about 7:30 till dark. My wife found the first good find with the gilded pin, has two clasps on back. I had gone back to the wheatie spill spot from yesterday and quickly found another very toasted wheatie. I thought that I could make out 16 for the last two digits. I was really working the area pretty good when I hit a barely repeatable signal, no VDI numbers and was almost questionable on pin point mode. I dug deep and finally got it out, looked nasty and blackish and I wasn't sure what I had. After lightly cleaning it, the silver face of a Merc began to shine thru. My first Merc in like forever! it is a beautiful 41 Merc, great detail unlike the toasted wheaties. I found a couple old memorials that were becoming somewhat toasted and a little clad. It was getting dark and the wife was ready to go so we headed home. She was telling me of this chunk of something that she got in the dark and as she pulled it out, she realized it was her first knife find so she was stoked too. Oh yeah, she officially became a coin spitter too as she tried to read the date on the wheatie. We dug a lot of old pull rings and a few bottle caps with a mix of bullets and cases thrown in. The Merc drought is finally over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1734.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	1463769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1736.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	1463771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1737.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	1463772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1741.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	1463773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1738.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	1463774  

LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    5268 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Really nice day out ! I never tire of seeing those mercs - classic design is always a sight for sore eyes !
    Kurios1 and dirtlooter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7783 times
    So awesome to have a detecting wife. My girlfriends idea of treasure hunting is at nordstroms Rack!
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15753 times

..: NICE Family HUNT :..
    Thanks for sharing!
    dirtlooter likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    art

Dec 2015
    Maryland's eastern shore
    whites MXTPro whites MXSport
    13036 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Congrats on the merc and other finds
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Growing old is not for sissies I thought it would take longer to get old.

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    At Pro At Max
    4746 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    So awesome to have a detecting wife. My girlfriends idea of treasure hunting is at nordstroms Rack!
    Ha! That's good stuff trdking, I've encouraged my wife to hunt with me...the only time she showed a blink of interest was when I dug a huge, gold, diamond-encrusted ring...THAT got her attention! Alas, twas Avon...lol. We have a deal now, I don't drag her into the tick-infested woods and she don't drag me into the stores...workin' out fine so far...Ddf
    dirtlooter, Mzjavert and trdking like this.

Congrats on some nice finds. Its nice that you have your wife to go with you and enjoy in the excitement of one or both of you making some nice finds.
    dirtlooter likes this.

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    16915 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Gilded pin is a US collar disc from an Engineering regiment.

Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks

Tell your wife that I said 'congrats'... she'll know what I mean.

Best of luck to you both!
    Last edited by Carolina Tom; Jun 20, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2745 times
    Metal Detecting
    Never dug up a knife yet. Congratulations to your wife on her first one.
    dirtlooter likes this.

us
    Anthony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    7400 times
    Awesome hunt ....
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    23876 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Excellent hunt for limited daylight.
    Love those Mercurys.
    dirtlooter likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    13176 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Tom View Post
    Gilded pin is a US collar disc from an Engineering regiment.

Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks

Tell your wife that I said 'congrats'... she'll know what I mean.

Best of luck to you both!
    Ha, I told her that someone would tell us what that pin was for, thanks a lot for the info Tom
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    13176 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    actually we do just about everything together, she's my best friend as well. we get very competitive when detecting or fishing..loser buys the chocolate frosty at wendys. yeah, I do and go to a few things that aren't my cup of tea but so does she and in the end we get even closer. She beams when she finds something good and the sparkle in her eyes says it all. I don't work anymore but she does and if I find something good, like a ring, she expects pics or for me to come by and show her. she wears the first silver ring that I found. I treat her special and she does me too. never thought this was possible, you know, just happened to other people... hey, I am one of those other people!

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    actually we do just about everything together, she's my best friend as well. we get very competitive when detecting or fishing..loser buys the chocolate frosty at wendys. yeah, I do and go to a few things that aren't my cup of tea but so does she and in the end we get even closer. She beams when she finds something good and the sparkle in her eyes says it all. I don't work anymore but she does and if I find something good, like a ring, she expects pics or for me to come by and show her. she wears the first silver ring that I found. I treat her special and she does me too. never thought this was possible, you know, just happened to other people... hey, I am one of those other people!
    That my friend is Freaking AWESOME. Protect that like a golden child. Im a little jealous.
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    I also envy yr , connection with the Wife, Metal Detecting & Coins Are Cuss Words to my wife & now my 9 year old ( cause he has heard her complain about Detecting & coins since he was born.).

I may hunt Once a Week , maybe a little more in Fall & Winter Or if I find a 'Hot Spot'.

It really SUX! Please forgive my 'French' but it does.

Also I know how you feel , as I dug my 1st Silver Dime (a 54 Roosie) , Since November 2016.
    Congratz to the Wife o the Knife.
    Davers
    trdking likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links