Now this is more like it! 1877 Seated Quarter love token!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Got a permission at the only house I knocked at this morning. I was swinging by 930 which is nice because I only had til 1. Nice 1800s house that was one of those well manicured places I was sure if get told NO at. Low and behold the owner was very polite and gave me the ok. It was a strange yard with deeper clad pennies and shallow mercs. Ended up getting 2 Indians, 2 mercs (1918 and 1927) a nice buff, and the find of the day this stunning 1877 seated quarter Love token! I have a barber quarter on my bucket list and figures I would skip right past that and get the seated not that I'm complaining though LOL!! Thanks for looking and hh!! 20170620_133348.jpg 20170620_112638.jpg 20170620_133230.jpg 20170620_133259.jpg 20170620_133135.jpg 20170620_133155.jpg 20170620_134903.jpg 20170620_134918.jpg 20170620_135024.jpg

Upvote 86

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a really cool artifact !
Has anyone seen any documentation etc. to determine if these "love tokens" were generally crafted by their presenters or owners, or do you think they were more likely done to order by the local silversmith and jewelers? I don't recall ever seeing one poorly done, as if I had taken it upon myself to try to make one. Or could it be that only people who had the talent and confidence to pull it off, ever attempted making one?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep coming by and seeing the engraved coin. I can only push the banner button once but know it has been pushed.

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That love token has absolutely beautiful detail.

Someone really felt bad about losing that.

What a wonderful find.

I voted banner because of all the emotion in that coin.

I have yet to find one!

Cheers.

Bitdrop

Nov 23, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Blisstool LTC64X v3,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's crazy cool, I've never found one.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. Imagine how much time went into carving that!

Congrats!!!
thank you, I couldn't imagine how long it took!

Awesome! That's a beauty! Congratulations !
thanks alot

Wow - that thing is gorgeous - WTG man!!
thanks Bill, I was pumped to see that in the dirt

That is a really cool artifact !
Has anyone seen any documentation etc. to determine if these "love tokens" were generally crafted by their presenters or owners, or do you think they were more likely done to order by the local silversmith and jewelers? I don't recall ever seeing one poorly done, as if I had taken it upon myself to try to make one. Or could it be that only people who had the talent and confidence to pull it off, ever attempted making one?
I've never seen any documentation on them. I suppose anyone technically could've done them. Also I guess w/o modern distractions like computers, phones, etc. One had lots of time on their hands lol

That love token has absolutely beautiful detail.

Someone really felt bad about losing that.

What a wonderful find.

I voted banner because of all the emotion in that coin.

I have yet to find one!

Cheers.
thank you very much, I appreciate that

I keep coming by and seeing the engraved coin. I can only push the banner button once but know it has been pushed.
thanks tn, much appreciated

That's crazy cool, I've never found one.
thank you, this is my 1st as well

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A one of a kind beauty.
Congrats

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What a haul of really cool stuff. Yeah, I want your love token.:love4: Great detail on the seated too. The kind of finds that keep me on a "high" for a few weeks. Congrats.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! What a haul of really cool stuff. Yeah, I want your love token.:love4: Great detail on the seated too. The kind of finds that keep me on a "high" for a few weeks. Congrats.
thanks alot, this thread is tough to keep up with lol, all these great comments on my post, I try my best to reply to everyone. Thanks again!

A one of a kind beauty.
Congrats
thank you very much

Best one I've seen!
thanks gary!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm gone for a week, and I come back and check Tnet and there are so many great posts to catch up on!

Your Seated love token really blows my hair back, it's got everything going for it and I think it should be on the banner. Got my vote!

I showed it to my wife who is a calligraphy/script buff, and she's convinced the letters are JR or RJ. Not sure if this has been debated yet but I thought I'd throw that in.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy smokes! Just amazing stuff here. Congrats. ~Lisa & John

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes! Just amazing stuff here. Congrats. ~Lisa & John
thank you very much

So I'm gone for a week, and I come back and check Tnet and there are so many great posts to catch up on!

Your Seated love token really blows my hair back, it's got everything going for it and I think it should be on the banner. Got my vote!

I showed it to my wife who is a calligraphy/script buff, and she's convinced the letters are JR or RJ. Not sure if this has been debated yet but I thought I'd throw that in.
thanks alot brother, I know it's tough to catch up on all the awesomeness posted in this site. Thanks for taking time to check My post out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread