Finally a Good Day in the Water with Good and Strange Finds
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Finally a Good Day in the Water with Good and Strange Finds

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    8246 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Finally a Good Day in the Water with Good and Strange Finds

I was able to coax a gold out of the weeds today along with some very strange targets in this spot. I have NO idea what the brass gizmo is that says:

To identify me telegraph this number 2896 to N.E. Registry Bureau Boston Mass. they will care for me and notify my friends. Could the tag be off a life jacket? The back says John Robbins Manufacturing Co. Boston. Then we have the cute little RR lock made in Brooklyn N.Y. One merc, two Rosey's and a Washington were my only coin finds. No wheat's, no clad and no injuns. The ring is 10K with a roman soldier on the front. Catholic pendant is 12 grams of sterling.

Another large grommet patent Aug. 26 1884 and the usual sinkers and other finds.

The Sears epoxy hardener is pliable and never opened it looks like.

Loved the unique finds today. Glad I was able to scrounge up a gold finally.

The ID bracelet has initials and Berlin 1945 on it.

Last edited by ScubaDetector; Jun 20, 2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2741 times
    Metal Detecting
    OMG I had a ring very similar to that in the late 90's. The only difference is the rim around the stone was solid. I adore the Catholic medal. Thanks for sharing!
    ScubaDetector likes this.

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2632 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sweet finds Be Careful with the First pics Can Cause Problems LOL Chug
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Jan 2016
    SC
    Minelab Safari
    1225 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice haul. That ring is really cool looking. congrats!
    2018 Best Finds

Coins:
    1830 Capped Bust Half Dime
    1859 IHP

Relics:
    82nd Regiment of Foot Button
    C. Rowley Confederate Block I Button
    1808-1830 State Militia Rifles Eagle Button
    Union GS Infantry Cuff Button
    King George II Trade Weight
    Duke of Wellington Commemorative Button

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    At Pro At Max
    4098 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Beautiful ring Scuba! Definitely has that old, hand-made feel..way back when people took pride in their work..congrats on a well-deserve, productive day..Ddf
    The_Piratess likes this.

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    4625 times
    the telegraph tag is awesome. I believe it's either a dog collar tag, or a luggage tag. Since it says 'they will care for me', a pet tag makes more sense

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    8246 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelerguy View Post
    the telegraph tag is awesome. I believe it's either a dog collar tag, or a luggage tag. Since it says 'they will care for me', a pet tag makes more sense
    I was told the N.E. Registry Bureau was the New England Registry Bureau for people and businesses. I guess it could have been for pets also but not sure. It dissolved in 1926 from what I can find so far. I am hoping somewhere there is information on that number.
    sprailroad likes this.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View Post
    I was told the N.E. Registry Bureau was the New England Registry Bureau for people and businesses. I guess it could have been for pets also but not sure. It dissolved in 1926 from what I can find so far. I am hoping somewhere there is information on that number.
    You could register anything a wallet a ring of keys anything. I like the Pet idea. I can see it clamped to a collar but can't imagine how a human would wear it. unless... it was clamped to a collar. Oh wait...
    ScubaDetector and sprailroad like this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    8246 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    You could register anything a wallet a ring of keys anything. I like the Pet idea. I can see it clamped to a collar but can't imagine how a human would wear it. unless... it was clamped to a collar. Oh wait...
    LOL, I was thinking it was put on a strap for a life jacket! The wording does look like it was for an animal though. Maybe a horse?

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    8246 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Found out what the tag was for. It was a 19th century dog tag for civilians. You paid a dollar for the service and was used before ID cards and drivers licenses. Now we all know

Dog tags: A 19th-century scheme to offer civilian identification

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    16158 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Ya know, it's strange. I really didn't like to see what the water would do to the silver, back when I was hunting. It was fun finding it but a shame seeing the corrosion. On the other hand, I've found many a gold ring in the ground. Each are a large thrill! But....there was never anything quite like seeing a nice gold ring become uncovered in the bottom of the scoop. I really miss that!

Nice!
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    8246 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHADIFIND View Post
    Ya know, it's strange. I really didn't like to see what the water would do to the silver, back when I was hunting. It was fun finding it but a shame seeing the corrosion. On the other hand, I've found many a gold ring in the ground. Each are a large thrill! But....there was never anything quite like seeing a nice gold ring become uncovered in the bottom of the scoop. I really miss that!

Nice!
    My hunting is a bit different as I don't use a scoop. I fan or carefully dig until I see the object. Totally awesome to see a ring emerging when you fan the sand away. I never get tired of finding gold or black silver. I was in over 8' of water when I uncovered this ring. I just love getting signals and seeing what they are. The tag gave me an overload signal. I dig all of them regardless underwater. Sure I get cans. However, I get knives, lighters, guns, tags, tools and everything else dropped off a boat or person. I don't get tired of any beeps!

us
    May 2017
    Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Garrett AT Max
    191 times
    Some really unique finds there, like the strange N.E. Registry Bureau tag and the cool ring. Nice finds!!
    Instagram: @lowcountrymetaldetecting
    Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdH...zSZoHeHXKQcydg
    Looking for Summerville, SC bottles
    Low Country Metal Detector Club
    2019 Best Finds
    Nothing... so far.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1175 times
    Scuba, another day of good finds. You never know what you will find on one of your trips. Seems like everything was lost in the water up that way. You get to find it and bring it home!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links