South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a couple suspenders buckles today. I've found about a half dozen so far in the old farm woods this year. Don't know much about them, but they are a welcome signal in the sea of old shotgun shell ends. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498158802.075092.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498158812.126046.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498158821.379476.jpg
Also found 2 old wheats bringing my silver coin to wheat ratio to 29 - 99 FTY. I'll go through periods where I find 10 wheats in 5 or 6 hunts, but then I'll score a silver or two. The rolling ratio helps reduce that "will I ever find another silver coin feeling" when I am on a dry spell.

So... I'm expecting an old gold coin to pop out of the ground after I find my next wheat and reach 100. If silver to wheat ratio is around 29-100 then gold coin to wheat should be 1-100, or at least let's hope so!

Good luck out there!

Upvote 12

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those suspender buckles are way cool. Hope your next signal is wheat 100.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold can be really fickle, took me a while to find my first and then a couple weeks later, got two in one day and three for the month. I had been struggling to find very many wheaties and have found eight this week. You seem to be in a good area for them and the shotgun brass. I got plenty of the shotgun brass, bullets and fired cases, even live rounds. congrats on your finds

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a lover of old brass suspender buckles. You have a very nice pair there mate. With Wheaties & old buckles like that around there must be a silver coin in your future.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find those buckles near each other? They don't look like a match but they could be related, as in a buckle/related hardware of (one side) of a "set" of suspenders.
If you didn't find them near each other, I would guess you have to different suspender company designs from some time before 1900.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find those buckles near each other? They don't look like a match but they could be related, as in a buckle/related hardware of (one side) of a "set" of suspenders.
If you didn't find them near each other, I would guess you have to different suspender company designs from some time before 1900.

Found on 2 different farms. Thanks for the insight!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions