Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out after dinner tonight. Hit my pounded Pomander site for the second time since finding the half real cob and have found nothing. Hope the cob wasnt a final gift to me from that site. So I went to a park along a busy road where I have found some wheats and one silver GW. Place is very trashy especially near the road. Found a few wheats and got a deep coin signal just before dark right along the road. Was thinking cool another wheatie. Wrong. Only my third ever seated dime found outside of my seated field

Attachments

• IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    637.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 30

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ya just love it when you find a great coin when ya least expect it!!!!!?:occasion14:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only found one seated dime, but it was counterfeit. Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 75

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great example of why we do this treasure hunting thing. Great score on the Seated Beauty working through the roadside trash. That's why I love my tiny little Nel Snake coil I have been utilizing a lot this season. It gets great depth for a tiny coil and cuts through the trash better than any coil I have ever used. Now if I can only get me another seated dime for my efforts.:tongue3:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet! congrats

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great example of why we do this treasure hunting thing. Great score on the Seated Beauty working through the roadside trash. That's why I love my tiny little Nel Snake coil I have been utilizing a lot this season. It gets great depth for a tiny coil and cuts through the trash better than any coil I have ever used. Now if I can only get me another seated dime for my efforts.:tongue3:

Thanks. Im not sure a little coil would have hit this coin as I was using an 11". It was deep and the numbers were in the penny, clad dime range but that is pretty standard for a seated. Deep coins sound so good on the Deus

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the Seated! :occasion14:

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You find a lot of seated! I like em but dont find enough. lol

1 half 2 quarters 19 dimes 5 half dimes. 20 from one site though

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1 half 2 quarters 19 dimes 5 half dimes. 20 from one site though
Wow thats crazy. We located an old church campground down in Va that produced many but not 20. And no halves. Thats a special site you have there.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow thats crazy. We located an old church campground down in Va that produced many but not 20. And no halves. Thats a special site you have there.

This site was a short lived(1870-1885) fairgrounds that sprang up along the railroad line when it first came through the area. There is an old church campground in my area but it is now a residential area

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very cool coin with nice, visible date. Congrats. ~Lisa & John

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing your sweet find.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This site was a short lived(1870-1885) fairgrounds that sprang up along the railroad line when it first came through the area. There is an old church campground in my area but it is now a residential area
Those campgrounds can be amazing - as was ours. I heard stories from other detectorists and a local club about how they had tried to find it for years to no avail. My buddies and I found a colonial home ruins in a strip woods on the edge of the field - so we searched around it and the further we got out in the field (closer toward the still in use old church) the more coins we found. In all we must've found over 150 coins dating from 1780s to 1880s or so. It wasn't until later when in dawned on us that we'd in fact discovered the old church campground. I guess those guys never thought to try the fields right around the church. lmao. The place was so loaded with old coins you couldn't walk 20 ft without going over one. Silver 3 cent pieces and halfdimes especially. Just everywhere.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those campgrounds can be amazing - as was ours. I heard stories from other detectorists and a local club about how they had tried to find it for years to no avail. My buddies and I found a colonial home ruins in a strip woods on the edge of the field - so we searched around it and the further we got out in the field (closer toward the still in use old church) the more coins we found. In all we must've found over 150 coins dating from 1780s to 1880s or so. It wasn't until later when in dawned on us that we'd in fact discovered the old church campground. I guess those guys never thought to try the fields right around the church. lmao. The place was so loaded with old coins you couldn't walk 20 ft without going over one. Silver 3 cent pieces and halfdimes especially. Just everywhere.

Ive easily found 150 indian head pennys alone at the fairgrounds site but not one 1877(the peak of activity there)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread