city hall turns up clad

S

skydiv

A couple weeks ago I posted I had permission to hunt city hall property where the carnival is held each year. no digging just surface. this is about 5 acres and I've done about 3/4 of it so far. this city hall used to be a school built in the 50's. I have had no luck but about 2.50 in clad. of that about 60 pennies 6 nickels. this surprises me because this was the playground. I have gooten really good at pin pointing thy ole ace 250 and getting the coin out with a probe.

Upvote 0

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
It's a shame that you can't dig knowing there has to be more in that ground. Well a surface search is better than no search at all. Who knows maybe the ring is freshly dropt and you will scan across it.
HH
Roy

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I'd definately try to get a good dime or quarter signal out with those probe things. That is something I will try out one day. Certainly a skill overlooked and not developed because here we just dig like brutes :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Surface definition certainly changes with value of target. You can get some pretty deep coins with just a probe if you do it right. You didn't say if you were getting signals from deeper targets. It only takes 1 square inch of surface to hold something valuable just dropped. Keep em swinging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread