Finally...a Barber Quarter! 1683 Mass Property

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Friends, hope your summer is going well. John finally found a Barber quarter--seems like he's found everything but! It's a common date, 1898, but pretty nice detail! Also found a nice Colonial(?) era button with a laurel wreath and intact shank. Some "whatitz" too -- your guess is as good as ours. Take care and thanks for looking. ~Lisa & John

Attachments

• Whatzit.jpg
    Whatzit.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Barber Quarter3.jpg
    Barber Quarter3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Stuff00.jpg
    Stuff00.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Barber Quarter2.jpg
    Barber Quarter2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 172
  • Barber Quarter.jpg
    Barber Quarter.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 157
  • Button Laurel3.jpg
    Button Laurel3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Button Laurel2.jpg
    Button Laurel2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Button Laurel.jpg
    Button Laurel.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 24
OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now how did you miss that big old target when you've pounded that ground so hard Lisa? It's funny how that happens sometimes. I bet seeing that silver coin on that old property got your blood flowing! Cheers

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now how did you miss that big old target when you've pounded that ground so hard Lisa? It's funny how that happens sometimes. I bet seeing that silver coin on that old property got your blood flowing! Cheers

Hey Steve, I swear it's the 5 x 7 coil! It hits in places we've been over a couple of times already. Amazing. Thanks, -L&J

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Barber quarter is wonderful...can't seem to find one myself to save my life...very envious. I also love the button. Great finds.

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Barber quarter is wonderful...can't seem to find one myself to save my life...very envious. I also love the button. Great finds.

Thanks, Silver, it was a great day! Hope you find a Barber soon… L&J

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go low & slow with the Pro--- I run full bars & Zero disc.

pretend yer a drone over a Boston Creme donut.

I can snipe a qtr sitting on the roof of a '53 Buick just by doin' the wiggly hover using the stock coil.

played the same game with the ACE250 coil---- snared my 1ST Trime that was "colluding" with a square nail & bagged an IH that was being held hostage by a coven of evil witch nails at a foot down.

the growls on the ATPro are the evil iron demons__________ and the itty bitty chirps are cries for help from the captive looty booty___ as da pirates called it :skullflag: 8-) :laughing7:

now go get me more _____ Pavlov's dogs were known to get mean when the bell rang, and there wuz no food :tongue3:

OP
OP
B

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go low & slow with the Pro--- I run full bars & Zero disc.

pretend yer a drone over a Boston Creme donut.

I can snipe a qtr sitting on the roof of a '53 Buick just by doin' the wiggly hover using the stock coil.

played the same game with the ACE250 coil---- snared my 1ST Trime that was "colluding" with a square nail & bagged an IH that was being held hostage by a coven of evil witch nails at a foot down.

the growls on the ATPro are the evil iron demons__________ and the itty bitty chirps are cries for help from the captive looty booty___ as da pirates called it :skullflag: 8-) :laughing7:

now go get me more _____ Pavlov's dogs were known to get mean when the bell rang, and there wuz no food :tongue3:

Hey Port--good tips! And boy, do we did a lot of iron on this ex-stagecoach tavern/farm property! Thanks a bunch. -L&J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions