The colonial embankment is finally played out. Here is the total take.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One little concentrated spot of colonial goodness gave up all these things. There's a Connecticut copper 1788 a King George copper 1772 a copper that I will never know what it is but it does have an interesting dagger tip hole in the middle of it. My first knee buckle. What I think is part of a wax seal thingy. Also a Spanish silver date unknown. Many interesting buttons including a couple blowholes and some faceted Colonial buttons and a pewter basket weave cuff button. Ramrod guide off of a musket and what looks like some saddle adornments or something . and a strange cast Buckle that I don't know what it is. I don't get out to this spot very often because it is frequently under water. This represents about eight or ten trips over the course of a year with today's trip only producing one tiny button. 20170625_180727.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 22
OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy you guys who have opportunity for Colonial. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks it took me almost a decade to find an unspoiled Colonial spot. I also Envy the people who live in New England Philly Etc they certainly have an easier time coming up with Colonial stuff. For me it's an ultra rare treat.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice colonial finds! :occasion14:

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet haul relic hunter!! Thanks for the info on my post.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not played put until ya rent a BOBCAT or try a REALLLLY big shovel :tongue3:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you have part of a swivel 2-sided Seal.

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you have part of a swivel 2-sided Seal.
Thanks I got a clue as to what it was from a post by Iron patch in best finds about wax seals. Had no idea what it was when I found it I would have looked in the bottom of the hole for the glass. It still haunts me that I left it behind

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I got a clue as to what it was from a post by Iron patch in best finds about wax seals. Had no idea what it was when I found it I would have looked in the bottom of the hole for the glass. It still haunts me that I left it behind

Great haul of finds. Try not to look back on the search of the hole for the missing seal matrix. I found one incomplete seal - Yes, the seal matrix was missing. Yes, I did search for it, heck I scooped out a bunch of dirt and sifted upon returning home. No, I didn't find the matrix. Perhaps you left it behind, but it's more likely located somewhere else other than the bottom of that hole - god only knows.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great site! A CT copper and KG are on my bucket list and have not seen many of these in W PA. When I think a good old site is played out I tend to search the surrounding areas (typically finding nothing) then re-enter the productive site from a different approach and bang, something cool again. Makes me never want to try new sites which I know is also not productive hunting. I hope you have some more old sites lined up!! Congrats on a great assortment!

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site! A CT copper and KG are on my bucket list and have not seen many of these in W PA. When I think a good old site is played out I tend to search the surrounding areas (typically finding nothing) then re-enter the productive site from a different approach and bang, something cool again. Makes me never want to try new sites which I know is also not productive hunting. I hope you have some more old sites lined up!! Congrats on a great assortment!
The embankment actually was a return to an old site that I thought was done I had already detected the flat ground and found very little because apparently someone else beat me to it but once I got down in the embankment ditch it was pure Colonial. The surrounding area is a ghost town and loaded with trash. These were my first Colonial coins other than Spanish silver. I never thought I would find a state copper but apparently they are out there

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul of finds. Try not to look back on the search of the hole for the missing seal matrix. I found one incomplete seal - Yes, the seal matrix was missing. Yes, I did search for it, heck I scooped out a bunch of dirt and sifted upon returning home. No, I didn't find the matrix. Perhaps you left it behind, but it's more likely located somewhere else other than the bottom of that hole - god only knows.
Thanks that is what I like to tell myself. There should have been a metal ring around the glass part and I would have got another signal so I probably did not leave it in the hole. But somewhere out there just under the surface no doubt is a truly Exquisite piece of colonial glass I can only imagine what it may look like LOL

Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds & saves!! HH (@ first I thought that was a book on the state indiana! Was going to ask where u got it)

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds & saves!! HH (@ first I thought that was a book on the state indiana! Was going to ask where u got it)
It is some kind of old history club newsletter on the county of Indiana Pennsylvania

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread