ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I decided to take a dive today. Same spot different entrance point. Got out neck deep turned on my detector and went down. Got about 5' further out and got a mid tone. Dug in the clay and got a high tone signal in my hand. Went through the clay and found a silver dime. Hmm, that isn't a mid tone. Put it in my finds bag. Went back over the hole and the mid tone was still there. Kept digging. Got it in my hand. YEA! slightly tarnished men's gold ring. Put it in my finds bag. No more signals. Went a bit further and got another mid tone. Dug for a while and got it. A sinker. Went to put it in my finds bag. Disaster. Nothing in the bag. Put the sinker in and searched for over an hour where I thought I had been. Absolutely no luck.

Well that is the bad news. The good news is since I am the only diver out here I will probably come across them again. FRUSTRATING though. Don't want to find the same targets twice.

Ended up with a wheat, a clad dime, quarter and nickel. And a brass ring.

I gave up after one dive. Losing gold and silver just doesn't sit well with me.

Maybe pictures of the lowly finds in a few. Cold and needing a shower to warm up.

Upvote 17

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I friend of mine detects underwater and while drifting down th eAmerican River, he spotted a whole passle of un drank liquor Tequila whisky and such Half gallon size too! He picked them up and stowed them in his bag. Later in the dive he ran into a rapid, and he got tumbled pretty well. When he came out of the rapids no booze. He was bummed.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bummer for sure. Sorry to hear that.

Once I found a wax seal matrix and lost it....long story but it's still out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions