Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was a morning and afternoon hunt. The morning hunt was uneventful for me but my wife found some clad a wheatie and a 1940 Merc, her 1st silver coin ever. I was digging just about everything, including a lot of pull rings and tabs. She was rubbing it in that she had found silver and I hadn't even found a single coin. The caretakers came out and began cutting the grass, something that we had been hoping for. We were pretty tired and hot so we went home. We returned about 1:30 to see some good looking areas opened up to us. She found a couple of quarters, clad and then the toasted ring. the ring had been plated at one time. I still hadn't found my first coin and the sun was killing me so I found a shaded area to hunt. I finally got a really nice signal that sounded pretty good too. I dug a pretty good sized plug and flipped it over and used the pin pointer to narrow it down to a spot and just busted it open with my fingers. Now I had been telling her that there had to be a silver quarter out here somewhere and that was all I hoped to find. Now I was staring down at something that I had only dreamed of finding, big silver! My wife thought that I was joking until she looked down at it. She's a little worn but the date is easy to read and I like her! Afterwards I found a dateless wheatie and a couple memorials. So, a couple small chocolate frosties were awesome rewards for the silver finds. Still amazed at finding such a wonderful silver. Yep, I am a very blessed man indeed.
0629171545.jpg 0629171545b.jpg 0629171546a.jpg 0629171546b.jpg CIMG1760.JPG CIMG1764.JPG CIMG1769.JPG

Upvote 25
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I knew as soon as her head popped up that she had something good. then she kind of danced a little jig so I knew it had to be either a ring, gold or silver. The big smile on her face said it all as she held the Merc out for me to see. This permission has already given us both "firsts", her the Merc as well as the wheaties. There is nothing quite like having your wife asking if we are going or not and already has her stuff loaded and ready to go. Yep, spoiled rotten I am

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to both of you on the silver! Those Walking Liberty Halves are a pretty coin and you know you have something when you pick it up. Frosties are always a good way to celebrate a good day!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats to both of you on the silver! Those Walking Liberty Halves are a pretty coin and you know you have something when you pick it up. Frosties are always a good way to celebrate a good day!:icon_thumright:

thanks, my first thought was is it real? was this what I think it is? big silver definitely a beautiful sight

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

thanks, my first thought was is it real? was this what I think it is? big silver definitely a beautiful sight

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah woah woah, everyone STOP. Zoom in on that. Do you see what I see?

That isn't just a normal everyday 1917 Walker. That is a 1917-S, look at the zoomed in picture of the reverse. With a mintage of 952,000. That is a key date.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woah woah woah, everyone STOP. Zoom in on that. Do you see what I see?

That isn't just a normal everyday 1917 Walker. That is a 1917-S, look at the zoomed in picture of the reverse. With a mintage of 952,000. That is a key date.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know where to look. I am ignorant about key dates and what they mean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread