More Arizona Stuff - Need ID

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this stuff is? The stuff at the bottom next to the ruler is what Im interested in. The other stuff is just to show. The thing at the far left is what I believe is another .50-70 round, without a headstamp, as it is exactly the same size as the other darker one you see above, which the guys here on T-net identified for me. Next to that there are a few buttons. Can anyone put a date range on any of these? The thing in the center looks like some sort of folding knife/razor blade or something, and the other side is identical to what you see in the photos, but if you need to see the backside of anything or let me know and I will take some more photos. At the far right, I think it might be a bottle top opener, but I dont know, so hopefully someone here knows what it is.

DSC02852.jpg DSC02854.jpg DSC02855.jpg DSC02857.jpg DSC02859.jpg DSC02860.jpg DSC02862.jpg DSC02864.jpg DSC02866.jpg DSC02869.jpg

The other stuff is an old pocket knife, a white clay marble, a skeleton key and some skeleton keyholes, a ring, thimble, old shotgun shell, a Mexican centavo dated 1903, an Oklahoma tax token from the 1930s, and a little rivet thing that says "LS Co SF PAT. MAY 1873" on both sides, anyone know more about that?

Ill post some better shots of the ring later, but I dont think its valuable or anything like that.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry everyone, I meant to post this in the "What is it" section. Maybe it can be moved without having to redo everything? My computer is acting up right now, which is the thing. Please let me know. Thanks

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the thing with the rivet is a soapstone holder for flat soapstone, used for marking metals and layouts, or inside a cave could be used for direction. the shells at the begining of ruler are old, they looked to be the early 45 or 50. antique weapons sites work. the 3 tokens. look to be trolley fare, old detroit train token i think, next one can't tell. the last one i have seen but bigger, used to keep wheels on a wagon. but this is small used for anything.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your bottle opener is a Jews harp

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing on the far right is a jew's harp.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at it some more I don't really know ?????

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your bottle opener is a Jews harp

That's the first item that jumped out at me. Good eye. Take your little brown jug, that Jews Harp, and all we need is a spoon player and we got us a band.:headbang:

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some better shots of the ring. Diamond? Saphires? I dont know. Someone I showed it says its made of copper and the "diamond" does look white enough that it could be real. There are no markings. I dont know what to think. Its probably not very valuable, but I wanted to know if this style of ring is something they would have had back in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

DSC02895.jpg DSC02898.jpg

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found these date nails, a rough 1907, a very nice 1914 (best one Ive found), 1915, 1916, 1919, 1921 and 1927.

DSC02906.jpg

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here are some better shots of the ring. Diamond? Saphires? I dont know. Someone I showed it says its made of copper and the "diamond" does look white enough that it could be real. There are no markings. I dont know what to think. Its probably not very valuable, but I wanted to know if this style of ring is something they would have had back in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

View attachment 1467923 View attachment 1467924

I don't think there is any way to date that ring. Stone won't be real. Date nails are put on telephone and electric poles to show they have been inspected. Maybe other uses but I know of that one. Out of the two 45-70 cases, they are both pre 1900. You should be able to clean the one on the left to see a month and year code. Also the armory. It will be stamped on the bottom. Month on left and a two digit year on right. Most of mine are 1885.

Looks like you found a very promising place to play.

Last edited:

Bob-E-Pin

Dec 31, 2012
El Paso Texas/Las Cruces New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro. and AT Gold, Nox 800,Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything you have there is late 1800's turn of the century. Im guessing you were at an old railroad siding? Its kind of funny, I have several of everything you posted. Especially the buttons. All found at railroad towns in New Mexico heading to AZ. Good finds!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like you are working a spot with some good potential there buddy. I hope some old coins may be scattered through these cool old relics.

marion moore

Feb 23, 2015
Greenville, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The flat pc with the long slot is a elect. Limit switch arm, it's missing a small wheel where the small hole is. It would roll on something flat until it roll up an incline and cut something off. Thanks for posting

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"little rivet thing that says "LS Co SF PAT. MAY 1873" on both sides, anyone know more about that?"

I'm going with Levi Strauss. Too lazy to look it up and see if I'm right though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread