All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

Sompa

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Thanks ec,
I've hunted coin beach a few times now (I live in Ocean City), I plan to get there more now that its warming up. I just picked this hobby up.....looking forward to what all the tourists drop this Summer!

Sompa

N

Newbie1967

Sompa said:
Thanks ec,
I've hunted coin beach a few times now (I live in Ocean City), I plan to get there more now that its warming up. I just picked this hobby up.....looking forward to what all the tourists drop this Summer!

Sompa
Don't forget Spring Break. I have heard from more than a few folks that OC is terrific after Spring Break. I am hoping to get out there in a few weeks. I'm a couple hours away near Baltimore.

NB1967

N

Newbie1967

rtde3 said:
Hey Sompa, ecdonovan ,Newbie1967 & Towcritter!? ?My MDing club & another club is having a staged hunt at Sandy Point beach (at the bay bridge) on Sat. May 7th! You Maryland MDers should come!! There will be a ton of silver & other good coins buried on the beach, hotdogs & hamburgers on the grill, bake goods, coffee... Raffles, And I will be selling my new "NO Pull Tabs"? T-shirts! Let me know & I will send you all the info.! It will be a great time!. All are welcome! Hope to see you there!

Sounds like fun! I will send you a personal message with my e-mail address.

Thanks!

NB1967

poppop

Greenie
Nov 29, 2004
Sompa, Congrats on the nice ring. I've still not found any gold! I'll get there! My question to you is what kind of camera you have,and what you might have done to get that closeup shot. Thanks, poppop

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1st gold ring always makes ya smile! Congrats! :)

OP
OP
S

Sompa

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
Hey rtde3,
PM me the info on the Sandy Point hunt...sounds like fun. Is that the one where they have a kids hunt too? Trying to get my 9 y/o son interested. What club(s) are involved? I don't even know of any MD clubs around here.

Sompa

OP
OP
S

Sompa

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
POPPOP,
I used a Canon A80 camera. I messed around with it a little. First I tried to take a "super" close up that didn't work out so well. Then I backed off a little, took a hi res pic then used standard Microsoft Paint to zoom in close and crop for the end result. The original image was 1600x1200 pixels (second highest res available on the camera).

Hope this helps,

Sompa

N

Newbie1967

Sompa said:
Hey rtde3,
PM me the info on the Sandy Point hunt...sounds like fun. Is that the one where they have a kids hunt too? Trying to get my 9 y/o son interested. What club(s) are involved? I don't even know of any MD clubs around here.

Sompa

I know of one for sure - Maryland Artifact Recovery Society (MARS) - from what I remember reading, they're having an open hunt on... October 5? At the beach also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread