Therapy is Therapy.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks. Some stuff from various locations without any keeper coins of late. I do like the still functional Metropolitan Police & Fire Whistle. She sounds just like the British "Bobbies" in the movies. Found it laying right on the surface at a construction sight at an old school along with the "You Got My GOAT" button which I am curious about. I tried to hunt a spot last night under the full moon where I have managed some good old coins but, the neighbor's Beagle went into "yelping" mode and totally messed up my MoJo.:BangHead: When I am hunting in the wee hours I try not to disturb my sleepy little community. I would have loved to duct taped the old doggies yapper shut but, just wandered off to another area. It was a beautiful night for hunting but, just not many fantastic finds. I did dig a large cast iron chunk up from about 10 inches deep I knew was just junk just for the sake of my therapy. Happy Hunting everyone. Kurios1

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

Upvote 12

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a neat collection of finds. I can sympathize with you about the barking dogs. When I'm detecting, I go out of my way to avoid drawing attention. That's hard to do when Fido thinks its his mission in life to announce your presence to the world.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat collection of finds. I can sympathize with you about the barking dogs. When I'm detecting, I go out of my way to avoid drawing attention. That's hard to do when Fido thinks its his mission in life to announce your presence to the world.

LOL! Exactly. I was out until about 3:00 a.m. and once I got that Beagle stirred up he kept yelping for about another hour. My community is very small so you can hear a dog's barking from one end of it to the other. Really messes up the peace of my hunting thinking the neighbor's are cursing me in their beds.:cussing:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your variety.
I could spend an hour trying to figure out what all that stuff is. I found the butterflies pretty interesting. lol

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your variety.
I could spend an hour trying to figure out what all that stuff is. I found the butterflies pretty interesting. lol

He Hee. You're right there mate. That's why I hoard everything. I MUST have an artifact around here somewhere I can comfortably retire on.:tchest:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the whistle, sounds like a good hunt minus the annoying dog. I can't stand when dogs start going nuts, I hate to leave a good site but sometimes dogs just grate on your nerves until you just throw in the towel.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the whistle, sounds like a good hunt minus the annoying dog. I can't stand when dogs start going nuts, I hate to leave a good site but sometimes dogs just grate on your nerves until you just throw in the towel.

Agreed. Most everyone in this town knows me as the "strange" guy that digs up trash all hours of the night. I don't want to make any enemies for future spots to hunt. I love dogs but, not barking @ past midnight waking up the whole town.:BangHead:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of goodies! Congrats!

I like the broach & whistle.

That is something i can't do here, night hunt. The nights here belong to "others". I'm not bullet proof, and i don't run fast.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Most everyone in this town knows me as the "strange" guy that digs up trash all hours of the night. I don't want to make any enemies for future spots to hunt. I love dogs but, not barking @ past midnight waking up the whole town.:BangHead:

I'm going to have to try a night hunt due to the heat, but due to the size of my city - I can imagine red and blue flashing lights coming my way pretty quickly.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I like the heart shaped piece. I used to hunt an old elementary school field at night (found my first silver GW there), but people would walk there dog on a leash until they got to the school field and then release them. The dogs would take a bee-line over the hill and come charging down toward me. The owners would rush to see what all the barking was about and see me with my headlamp and gear. Got too awkward and potentially dangerous, so I only hunt at night deep in the woods... (or the occasional beach) Congrat's

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like the heart shaped piece. I used to hunt an old elementary school field at night (found my first silver GW there), but people would walk there dog on a leash until they got to the school field and then release them. The dogs would take a bee-line over the hill and come charging down toward me. The owners would rush to see what all the barking was about and see me with my headlamp and gear. Got too awkward and potentially dangerous, so I only hunt at night deep in the woods... (or the occasional beach) Congrat's

Woods at night can be kinda' creepy. I have scared the heck out of myself just catching a shadow from my headlamp crossing over a leaf! Beaches at night sound absolutely peaceful. I have a river front park I love to hunt at night even though I think I have gathered up most of the easier targets. Tranquility is priceless.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty good haul, some very cool finds. always love the interesting ones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread