Mission Accomplished Hit the 5000 Coin Mark

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I left the house before daylight this morning on a mission to hit my 5000 coin mark. I had a tot lot picked out to start with in a high class neighborhood, that I was pretty sure no one had ever hit. I had visions of coins and jewelry dancing in my head. As soon as it was barely light enough to see, I hit the swing part of the play area. I was right. I was digging coins right and left, there were targets everywhere. I hadn't been there 10 minutes when this guy pulls up and ask what I am doing. I tell him I'm looking for a lost ring for this lady. If asked if "Lady X" lived in that neighborhood, to which I replied no, she was visiting friends in the neighborhood when she lost it. He then informed me that I was in a private park, he was head of the neighborhood association, and I wasn't allowed to be there. Fine, let their kids play in trash, which there was a lot of, I packed up my toys and went to another place I knew. By the time it was getting too hot to hunt I knew I had completed my mission.
WRONG! when I got to the house and counted, I was 23 coins short. Well I said, that should be a cinch this evening when it cools down. WRONG! I headed out about 5:30 to another place I knew. Coins were far and few between. Just about dark I thought I had more than made my quota. I go to the truck, put up my gear, and count my coins. ONE COIN SHORT! I had counted a token as a coin by accident. Back out comes all the gear to find that ONE elusive coin. I turn on the detector, ground balance, and BAM! Right at the back of my truck I get a penny signal, which is good because it is dark now. I dig down and find not one, but two pennies on top of each other. My day was done! It was one of the hardest hunts I have had in a long time, probably because I wanted it so much. With a smile on my face I was off to get a Slurpee and head to the house. Not only did I hit my goal, I went over by 1 coin. The totals are:
QUARTERS: 706 14%
DIMES: 1054 21%
NICKELS: 379 8%
PENNIES: 2853 57%
DOLLAR COINS: 8
For a total of 5001 coins with a face value of $337.88
Price per coin average value is 6.7 cents
Mission accomplished, I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yahooooooooooo, you did it man!...Congrats on the milestone. You sure have earned every last one of those coins too.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go PM, I'm a little behind you. I'm at 4,109, not counting foreign coins (I don't think of Canadian pennies, nickels, dimes or quarters as foreign. Canadian dollar coins I can't include as they aren't as spendable as the lessor ones). Unfortunately for me my penny percentage is 65.4%, I seem to be a penny magnet. Rest up my friend, I expect 10,000 before year end from you.

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Congrats on 5000+. hope to get to a thousand soon and 4 more thousand to get where your at, WOW, THATS ALOT OF COINS, happy hunting,

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Tomorrow I rest.....yea right!

DIRTSWEEPER

Feb 26, 2007
UPSTATE NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, 5" excel, detectorpro phones
Hey hey, congrats !!!!! good deal man. Sure is cool that you guys keep track like that. I may start next year, but I have found about 125 bucks this year. HH L8R

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I record most places I hunt with ariel views showing what was found in each place. The ones I maintain for myself are more detailed then the ones I post on here. That way I can see where the concentration of finds are best, and in what areas of the fields I search.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on 5000 coins, thats alot of digging but it does pay off!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 5001! Too bad about the hassle, did you explain you also pick up the trash and clean up the area? I will have to try counting my clad sometime. HH, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o :o :o Congrats good buddy. You have knees of steel! Todays another day. 10,000 by years end?
HH and I know you'll keep it swinging. :D

Desertfox

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
WTG piggman. I just started this hobby in April this year and I'm almost to 600 coins, but amazingly, our percentages are nearly identical:

quarters 14.6%
dimes 22.8%
nickels 8.5%
pennies 53.8%

I guess the people who live in Texas and Ohio have similar losing patterns :)

BPMM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread