The detecting gods must have felt...

B

Bill W.

sorry for me. Yesterday, I was denied permission for a site I really had my heart set on... :'( Rain was close today so I figured I wouldn't drive too far. The rain never really came except for a passing sprinkle... :) I went to a park I found a barber half in August of 2003. I went along the road just because of the nature of some detectorist of avoiding such areas due to trash. Ended up digging some clad, 6 wheaties, 1890 IH and a 1906 Barber dime... :) Kinda lifted my spirits from yesterday. IH was a high pulltab signal. Barber just sounded plain sweet! Thanks for looking. HH!

-Bill

Attachments

• 032004finds.jpg
    032004finds.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Very nice.
Those are 2 coins on my list that I still want to find.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
WTG, Bill. I see you're still after the quality. Shows that some poeple get tunnel vision to get inside the park. HH

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nice coins there Bill. I dug my first Barber Dime earlier this year, and they do ring sweet!!! Still looking for my first IH still, but it's out there somewhere! Sounds like this place might just hold a few more treasures for you. Best of luck!

F

Floater

Real nice finds there. I wasnt denied but no one was around for me to get permission for acouple of sites I wanted to hit today so I just worked on the PoolHouse. Made the Wife happy but I was ( Am ) kinda bummed) hopefully i will get permision tommorow and have at it at lunch and after work. HH

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds! Shame about the site. I got permission to hunt a turn of the century house, by an old woman that lived in it. She followed me around and every time i dug a coin she would take it. I thought she was just looking at them. When i was done she said thank you and went back in the house, coins and all. Two of them were indian heads, 3 mercs and about 10 others that were to dirty to tell. And a 1924 metal chauffers license that she didn't want. So i at least got that. HH

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough luck with the permission. I am so nervous about being turned down I rarely even ask. Got to work on that. Any day you can detect and find anything is good. Your finds look in good condition. Thanks for sharing them.

Ed Donovan

R

rvbvetter

ecdonovan; I'm the same way. Why? Don't know. I have asked before but when one says no, for whatever reason i get this feeling of embarrassment. I need therapy?

OP
OP
B

Bill W.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Ed and rvbvetter... Everyone gets turned down. Everyone. The way I look at it is that it's either yes or no and if I don't ask I won't know. If it's yes that great but if it's no I know to go looking else where. I was a bit aggitated Saturday after getting turned down and decided to stop asking permission for the rest of the sites. I figured if I kept asking other places I had scouted out and was in a bad mood that might show thru to the people I was asking. I didn't want to chance it. I'll get back on the horse next weekend. Other way to look at is... getting refused at one site may be a blessing. Last year I was denied permission at an old school... small area too. I ended up going to a small town park not too far away. During late summer early fall I dug OVER 360+ wheaties, 8 IHs and over 50 silver (1 being a 1875CC seated dime)... :) If I would have got permission at that old school I might have never tried hunting that park. You win some you loose some. HH!

-Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions