🥇 BANNER Gold Ring With Eagle On It

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a great metal detecting adventure yesterday! I found civil war bullets, colonial buckles and buttons but the main find was a gold ring with an eagle on it! I have not been able to find a similar ring anywhere. I believe it is a military ring since it has the eagle with what appears to be an olive branch in his mouth. What I thought were scratches on the back appears to be some sort of makers mark or symbols? If you figure it out let me know! video here

Attachments

• Makers mark on eagle ring.png
    Makers mark on eagle ring.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,023
  • FullSizeRender 25.jpg
    FullSizeRender 25.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 762
  • Eagle Ring.png
    Eagle Ring.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 1,006
  • FullSizeRender 22.jpg
    FullSizeRender 22.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 645
  • FullSizeRender 24.jpg
    FullSizeRender 24.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 607
  • FullSizeRender 23.jpg
    FullSizeRender 23.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 626
Upvote 136

Pieter

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2017
Amsterdam
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro . garret sea hunter . xp adx 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hall marks

Try To find the hall Marks .online that will give a time line for the ring
Good Luck.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im thinking its rev war british of some sort. Maybe family seal of an officer? who knows, sure is interesting. though I got more similar picture hits in my searches when using dove and looking into british history.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool finds! Nice hunt and Congrats on the that BANNER gold ring!! Fantastic !! HH

Josiah1221

Jul 24, 2017
Rome, Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lurked the forum for years now and have always enjoyed seeing people's amazing finds. I do a little metal detecting myself here and there. I decided to finally join the forums to try and help figure out this mystery ring! I found one that is 1700's western Europe that has the similar octagonal boarder just a different eagle maybe it will help :) Signet Ring with Double-headed Eagle

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lurked the forum for years now and have always enjoyed seeing people's amazing finds. I do a little metal detecting myself here and there. I decided to finally join the forums to try and help figure out this mystery ring! I found one that is 1700's western Europe that has the similar octagonal boarder just a different eagle maybe it will help :) Signet Ring with Double-headed Eagle
Hi welcome to Tnet. Thanks for the input into this great find. 1700s falls into my gut feeling on it, but I'm eager to see what the auction house thinks, assuming they have the expertise.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if this helps at all but the ring pictured here has an oddly similar type of crest/signet shown:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366973069609574140/

s-l300.jpg

The ring in the link above is shown as an Antique Signet Seal Ring Carnelian Intaglio dating back to 1840s. Hoping that may help some or give someone with more knowledge in the area something to further investigate :)

Good luck on the ID!

-TwoYewts

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

That ring is awesome!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definitely 18K or better :icon_thumright:

Nice anorexic eagle Find :coffee2:

"anorexic eagle" ... you funny Jeff! :laughing9:

Seriously though, just amazing that you found colonial gold and that it happened to be a ring with an insignia. :notworthy:

Congratulations on receiving your first BANNER on Treasure Net gigmaster!

Dave

JBM

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Signet/seal ring of the period suggested.:thumbsup: Jerry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread