🥇 BANNER Gold Ring With Eagle On It

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a great metal detecting adventure yesterday! I found civil war bullets, colonial buckles and buttons but the main find was a gold ring with an eagle on it! I have not been able to find a similar ring anywhere. I believe it is a military ring since it has the eagle with what appears to be an olive branch in his mouth. What I thought were scratches on the back appears to be some sort of makers mark or symbols? If you figure it out let me know! video here

Attachments

• Makers mark on eagle ring.png
    Makers mark on eagle ring.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • FullSizeRender 25.jpg
    FullSizeRender 25.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 762
  • Eagle Ring.png
    Eagle Ring.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 1,006
  • FullSizeRender 22.jpg
    FullSizeRender 22.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 645
  • FullSizeRender 24.jpg
    FullSizeRender 24.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 607
  • FullSizeRender 23.jpg
    FullSizeRender 23.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 626
Upvote 136

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to look a little further back in time. Romans used very similar symbols on coins and rings all the way back to 1st century AD. It may have been lost in the 16 or 1700's but could have been past down through many generations or have been spoils from a long past plunder. I hope you are able to find an expert who can provide an explanation of at least it's origins. The story of how it came to it's last resting place will probably stay a mystery for our imagination.

View attachment 1514431

View attachment 1514429

View attachment 1514430
I know most styles of European Roman Rings & this is not one of them. So no need to open the research that far back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread