Found a proxy 438 coins this morning !!!!!

goeke

Greenie
Jul 2, 2017
Cape coral FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V 3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this morning and not doing very good . I was in down town Cape Coral Florida. Now Cape Coral has only been around since 1959 so I don't find many silver or wheat back pennies. Well anyway I found about 15 coins around a vacant lot ,then I came up to some concrete pads. I am sure they were part of a past foundation. Everything here is nothing but sand and it easy digging . I have a whites Spectra V3i and I waved it over the concrete seams as I walked by and it went off . No surprise there lots of metal in concrete. But in this case it only went off over the joint in the concrete. So I checked it with my pin pointer. It went off along the joint in the concrete for about 2 feet. So i dug in with a screwdriver and started posing out coins. They just kept coming and coming out. I filled my pockets and the went to my truck to dump them and go back . I went as deep as my screw driver would go and there are still coins in there. I could see them . But I couldn't reach them . Going to go back Sunday with some other kind of tool . The Crack opened up wider as it went down. Not sure why the coins are in such bad shape? No silver, no wheat back pennies that I could tell. It was the most coins I have ever found in a day. I have had a couple over 100 coin days . I am including some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20170716_090042 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170716_090042 (1).jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20170716_081746 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170716_081746 (1).jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20170716_090609 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170716_090609 (1).jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20170716084024 (1).gif
    Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20170716084024 (1).gif
    821.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20170716_095658 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170716_095658 (1).jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 35

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the oddest thing I think I have ever heard No other cracks had any coins? Just this one? Sounds very deliberate to me. Some kid hell bent on filling a crack! or something.
Cheers I would have been right next to you chiseling them out. !!

About 3 years ago, I went through the Drive-Thru at a McDonald's in Morristown, Tennessee and there was a wide crack between the curb and the concrete driveway of the Drive-Thru Lane and the crack must have had $50 of visible change in it. Who knows how much was underneath. I wanted to go back and dig the coins out of the crack but not long after my visit, they tore out the concrete and put in a new curb and Drive-Thru Lane. I often wonder who got all of that change, the Manager or some employees of that McDonald's or the construction crew who did the relacement.

Frank

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 3 years ago, I went through the Drive-Thru at a McDonald's in Morristown, Tennessee and there was a wide crack between the curb and the concrete driveway of the Drive-Thru Lane and the crack must have had $50 of visible change in it. Who knows how much was underneath. I wanted to go back and dig the coins out of the crack but not long after my visit, they tore out the concrete and put in a new curb and Drive-Thru Lane. I often wonder who got all of that change, the Manager or some employees of that McDonald's or the construction crew who did the relacement.

Frank
You gotta grab while the gettin is good. I wonder how much change rolls from the drive up windows into the streets. They gotta drop coins left and right? Right? That was a catchin crack

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool.....never would have thunk it....Congrats !!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank

My 'OCD' would not have let them coins stay there long.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I never got past this first Crack. But I am going back Sunday morning. I want to see how many more come out of there. I could see there were more . But how to reach them without breaking the concrete.

This post reminds me of when years ago , this time of year , I was board riding around a business park that back in the 1970-1980's early 90's there were many Civil War relics found . I saw a small wooded area & thought "What the Heck".

Walked into the woods , instantly started getting Zinc/Civil War bullet Signals & other Coin signals.

Then I noticed all the Make-shift shelters & a few Tents and realized it was a home-less encampment .
There was a 20 X 20 foot area covered with coins , I could not swing my machine and eventually crawled around on my knees w/ my pin-pointer for over an hour picking up single & little piles of coins Nickles , Dimes & Quarters too.

The Mosquitoes were swarming me, I kept telling myself 'OK 10 more coins' & about 100 coins later I had to quit.
There was still coins to be found; I saw no occupants of the Camp, ' I did not Knock at the tents tho' & ever since then I been weary about giving the Homeless Change.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking you were going to say you dug around 400 plugs... was tired just thinking about it. This is much better, congratulations! :icon_thumright:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of quarters, so definitely worth a retrieval effort. Nice find!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
This post reminds me of when years ago , this time of year , I was board riding around a business park that back in the 1970-1980's early 90's there were many Civil War relics found . I saw a small wooded area & thought "What the Heck".

Walked into the woods , instantly started getting Zinc/Civil War bullet Signals & other Coin signals.

Then I noticed all the Make-shift shelters & a few Tents and realized it was a home-less encampment .
There was a 20 X 20 foot area covered with coins , I could not swing my machine and eventually crawled around on my knees w/ my pin-pointer for over an hour picking up single & little piles of coins Nickles , Dimes & Quarters too.

The Mosquitoes were swarming me, I kept telling myself 'OK 10 more coins' & about 100 coins later I had to quit.
There was still coins to be found; I saw no occupants of the Camp, ' I did not Knock at the tents tho' & ever since then I been weary about giving the Homeless Change.

I wonder what a knock on a tent sounds like?:icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7:

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You gotta grab while the gettin is good. I wonder how much change rolls from the drive up windows into the streets. They gotta drop coins left and right? Right? That was a catchin crack

I would have loved to retrieve as many coins as possible. However, it was lunch time, the parking lot was full and the drive-thru lane was backed up to the highway. Besides, if I had parked and was able to get any coins between each car or truck driving through, I would imagine that the manager would have called the cops on me. At times when going through the Drive-Thru of fast food restaurants, I have opened the door, leaned out and retrieved a few coins but now that I mostly drive my' Ford F-150 4x4, there is no way of leaning out and picking up anything.

Frank

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what a knock on a tent sounds like?:icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7:

Frank

It's "Hello , I come in peace, is anybody home, i'm not here to bother you"

Something like that. LOL

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I get so many new ideas from TreasureNet!!!

And here's another one :)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha! That's simply amazing. Whether they're stinkin' zincolns or not that would be a hoot for any treasure hunter. You know how we think, "the next one's gonna' be SILVER!" Dredge that crack for all it's worth mate. I do search cracks and crevices for coins. Recovery can be a puzzle at times. Thanks for sharing the interesting thread.:headbang:

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your unique find! I walk my dog at two in the morning when I get off work. First stop is dairy queen drive through, then the all night convenience store and on down past the bars in the business district. About a mile. Last year was over $100.00 this year so far over thirty.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was going to sound something like a Black Bear clawing the tent!:laughing7:

Frank

A good way to get Shot or stabbed.

As you know many homeless have Mental problems ( worse than me).

Not far away from this site , I was gonna hunt a Ridge but decided to hunt the Hill on the other side.
I could hear yelling through my headphones , turns out there was a Man 'Were I was going to hunt' Yelling Religious passages , & Binding Demons Over & over . I was glad I chose not to hunt there , but said a Prayer for him + if them Demons came out I did not want them coming near me.

Sorry for the side track 'OP'.

Hope you can save the rest of them coins on Sunday.
GL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! That is an amazing amount of coins in one area, congratulations! :icon_thumright:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now I know how the term "Crack Wh*re" got started! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Great find!

Rotten pennies or not, I would have stayed and dug them all out too. :thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread