πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put in a quick hour tonight before the rain at the clad factory. I had a different hunt in mind as you can tell by the 23 nickels I dug. Thought I'd try for some shiny gold Lol, anyway managed silvers # 50,51, and 52 fty tonight in the form of a ring, merc, and roosie. Also 2 wheats and $4.03 in clad thanks for looking and hh!! 20170717_195157.jpg 20170717_191907.jpg 20170717_195105.jpg

Upvote 20

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one lucky guy to have such a productive spot! Nice job again pulling up some silver

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one lucky guy to have such a productive spot! Nice job again pulling up some silver

Thanks buddy, just trying to get as much as I can from there before they do construction on the site

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks buddy, just trying to get as much as I can from there before they do construction on the site

Sounds like an emergency-I'll head down in the morning and help!

I didn't realize it is a spot that will disappear soon, I'd be pounding the snot outta it too. Good luck, get it all man

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an emergency-I'll head down in the morning and help!

I didn't realize it is a spot that will disappear soon, I'd be pounding the snot outta it too. Good luck, get it all man

Lol short drive. I don't know when it's supposed to start but it'll kill me to think I didn't give it a good shot lol

oldwormwood

Aug 17, 2015
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Still doing research, but I still have my Micronta (Radio Shack) 3000 from the late 1970s!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds! Congratulations!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killin it! Nice to see the silver come to the show...lol. keep at it til there's not but a whisper and an iron grunt left...and then dig them! Ddf

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very successful hunt there wow. Keep at it . Ill be there in the AM also Ill buy breakfast LOL Thanks for the great post!!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Really like the ring. Simple and super fine looking piece of silver!!!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Silver,, you have a good spot.
Hope you have the time to get as much out as possible before the construction crew starts digging.
Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killin it! Nice to see the silver come to the show...lol. keep at it til there's not but a whisper and an iron grunt left...and then dig them! Ddf
thanks ddf, the silver keeps popping here, the merc came within the 1st 5 minutes. I love this spot because I can walk there from home

That is a very successful hunt there wow. Keep at it . Ill be there in the AM also Ill buy breakfast LOL Thanks for the great post!!!!!
thanks man, it's a good spot, trying to clean it out the best I can before construction

Very cool! Really like the ring. Simple and super fine looking piece of silver!!!!
thanks I couldnt see the 925 mark at 1st

Congrats on the silver and other finds
thank you art

Sweet Silver,, you have a good spot.
Hope you have the time to get as much out as possible before the construction crew starts digging.
Congrats on your finds.
thank you sir!, gonna be a bummer to see the construction start. Last I heard it was gonna be in the early fall. It's distracting me from my favorite type of detecting which is door knocking for the old old stuff, but I guess if there's silver, might as well keep at it lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Chris awesome hunt, it's a great day when you can pull that many keepers from a clad factory. I pounded every park, school, and other public lands in a 40 mile radius my first 2 seasons. I find myself now looking at curb strips. I pulled a nice SLQ on Sunday from one 20 miles from the house.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Merc + Rosie + Ring = :occasion18:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Chris awesome hunt, it's a great day when you can pull that many keepers from a clad factory. I pounded every park, school, and other public lands in a 40 mile radius my first 2 seasons. I find myself now looking at curb strips. I pulled a nice SLQ on Sunday from one 20 miles from the house.
thanks kevin!, slq's are always a welcome find!

Merc + Rosie + Ring = :occasion18:
Thank you

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a start to the day! I love to find sites where a crew has stripped off a layer of grass and allows me to move quickly over the dirt. As long as they aren't working there at the time, I've not had any problems working it. Congrats on your excellent finds!

mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always felt like the best sign is there are tons of nickels & pull tabs present...which means there are bound to be gold rings mixed in there as well. Solid work!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you have had one heck of a crazy place to hunt, those are the spoiler sites that really spoil a person. it is nice to find a place like that to be a just fun place to dig lots of clad and other good finds. The last several days have been very hot for me plus very busy with a lot of three hour one way trips to the big city for me and for my father to VA appointments. needless to say, chomping at the bit to detect and thought I would be this morning but a sudden death has us babysitting some wee lads. great to see you pulling out some good silver. DL

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a start to the day! I love to find sites where a crew has stripped off a layer of grass and allows me to move quickly over the dirt. As long as they aren't working there at the time, I've not had any problems working it. Congrats on your excellent finds!
Thanks javadroid! It's a crazy place, tons of targets!
I have always felt like the best sign is there are tons of nickels & pull tabs present...which means there are bound to be gold rings mixed in there as well. Solid work!
thank you that's what I'm hoping for a buddy of mine got a small child's gold ring there

you have had one heck of a crazy place to hunt, those are the spoiler sites that really spoil a person. it is nice to find a place like that to be a just fun place to dig lots of clad and other good finds. The last several days have been very hot for me plus very busy with a lot of three hour one way trips to the big city for me and for my father to VA appointments. needless to say, chomping at the bit to detect and thought I would be this morning but a sudden death has us babysitting some wee lads. great to see you pulling out some good silver. DL
thank you sir, it is fun getting all that from there but it's distracting me from my usual type of detecting which is door knocking for the older stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions