Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Cache at the root of a tree shook it heard the coins it was taped shut. I always go on the steep hills in this place cause the U of M college kids would climb up and down them and drop coins Ive found most of my silver on these hills and lots of rings, class rings a platinum ring, many silver rings and tokens ect. I was hoping this thing was stuffed with silver but NOOOOO NOOOOO Lincoln pennies and a few nickels 2 quarters a couple dimes all claddies This was worse than the mason jar I dug at a tree root which was a time capsule for two lovers that took forever to dig it out. I did find a cash 1 dollar bill, a earing silver I'm sure, a flash light , and more clad,, I love this hobby Even though they were recent coins the thrill I had just for those 3 to 4 minutes was Great I did stop and have a smoke before I opened it 20170720_115701.jpg 20170720_115701.jpg 20170720_115748.jpg 20170720_115810.jpg 20170720_115933.jpg 20170720_131851.jpg 20170720_174523.jpg 20170720_174555.jpg 20170720_195135.jpg so I could enjoy the suspense!!!!!!WOOOO HOOOOO Thanks for looking!!!!!!!

Upvote 93

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people I tell that I metal detect, like my kids cant understand why I would go out for hours for some coins and a silver coin or two if I'm lucky! My kids say you can buy a silver coin in better shape. Finding that Cache even though it was all clad . That's what I love never knowing what you will find. I think I'm nuts !!!!!but I love this hobby, That's why I display all my silver and other finds I don't find many but its history and I found it Next time is gonna be silver with some jewels in it!!!!! That's what keeps me going. Many people would hate this hobby and expect to find good stuff all the time ect ecty ect.. My kids think I'm nuts and the look from the Wife ?????? Your not bringing that in here are you!!!!!!lol I could go out for 8 hours and find one silver quarter , that I could buy at a coin shop for a few bucks, and be happy or even a handful of clad IM NUTS !!!!! The funny part is so are you!!!!!! Thanks for looking and the kind replies!! Tommy

Well I won't argue with you on that one. :icon_thumright: It's just not the same at all if you go and buy it, plus it's good exercise too.
Congrats Tommy! You're too funny! :laughing7:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to be Morbid, but has anyone dug a ring with a finger bones still with it? I think that is my fear when I dig something. What am I really gonna find! opening a taped box like this would get me wondering

I thought that I was the ONLY who had that exact same morose fear? ??? Lol! :laughing7: Are we the only ones? :dontknow:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice cache find! :occasion14:

Hopefully someone had the same idea a few years earlier with silver coins inside. :icon_thumright:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Tommy!!! Great find! I can see you shaking with excitement, digging ur smokes out and sucking that unit down in one drag! Lol...Congrats on a great cache, is that your first decent cache? I know we've all had coin spills, but I can't honestly say I've dug a cache of coins yet. Boy o boy...if that'd been SILVER!? Woohoo...kudos Tommy...u deserved a great dig! Ddf

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cache Tommy! Clad or not, it is a find and more than you had when you walked out. Plus you get the thrill of is it the big find or what! You can go pay big bucks for the silver or find it. Frankly I'd rather find clad all day and just turn it in for gas, vacation or a newer machine. You can always tell the wife that at least this keeps you from spending all your time shooting pool and spending all the money. Keep finding the students' losses and enjoy the hunts, nice to be out!:icon_thumright:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post up of the cache, CONGRATS. Gets one reliving the moments that were or could of been. Dug up some very strange looking things over the years and some just simply grossed me out when I retrieved the find-looked-reburied it, and a few rented space up top in the memory bank. Digging in large urban areas where thousands have traveled through a parks ravines over a couple of hundred years really ups the odds of digging strange. Maybe that's another reason I'm liking the fields and cellar holes now. :)

Like?

Someone left "Roavers" big Collar on , when he passed & did not bury him that deep?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to be Morbid, but has anyone dug a ring with a finger bones still with it? I think that is my fear when I dig something. What am I really gonna find! opening a taped box like this would get me wondering
No, but I did find the fingers that were attached to the whole body once. It was an experience, but not as bad as I thought. The poor lady was murdered and dumped. She was a 50 something year old drug addict and lady of the night. Authorities never did find her killer.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Tommy. That just had to be plain exciting. I have found 2 Geo Cache's before, but never one that was buried. My Mason jar finds have been empty so far. One day soon !!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Find.

You did Wayyyyy, better than me & I hunted 4 hours at a house built in 1879.

Did get a wheat Cent tho.

I totally get what u mean by (is it really worth it/) the landowner asked me what I found I told Him 40 cent (that clad Quarter ) saved the day lol , & Oh this Wheat back Cent. He asked How much is that worth , I said "Oh 2 cent" then felt dumb for a second sitting there soaked in sweat. I added Unless it's a Rare one. Hence YNK & that makes digging Fun.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Find.

You did Wayyyyy, better than me & I hunted 4 hours at a house built in 1879.

Did get a wheat Cent tho.

I totally get what u mean by (is it really worth it/) the landowner asked me what I found I told Him 40 cent (that clad Quarter ) saved the day lol , & Oh this Wheat back Cent. He asked How much is that worth , I said "Oh 2 cent" then felt dumb for a second sitting there soaked in sweat. I added Unless it's a Rare one. Hence YNK & that makes digging Fun.
Exactly my kids will ask me what did you find and Ill pull out a few dollars in clad after 6 to 8 hours. They look at me like Im on drugs. LOL other people will also but I have found gold, Platnum, lots of silver ect. I think alot of people who see me believe Im looking for a treasure chest!!! Well I AM !!!!!!LOOKING FOR THOSE ALSO !!!!!!! Were NUTS but If were happy isnt that the goal in life!!!!!!!

jadedalex

Jul 19, 2017
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Haven't dug bones, but if a 15th Century Conquistador thumb ring wieghing in at 2 oz. popped up, would you really be fearful? Just saying...

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like?

Someone left "Roavers" big Collar on , when he passed & did not bury him that deep?
I found a cat someone buried in a bag!!!The tag rang up like a silver dollar!!!!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't dug bones, but if a 15th Century Conquistador thumb ring wieghing in at 2 oz. popped up, would you really be fearful? Just saying...
They would find skid marks on his finger bone from where that ring was and is now in my pocket!!!!! lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like?

Mason sealer full of something that had lived or was not quite there. Yes on the family pet with collar and tags attached.

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG A2, it might not have been the dream cache this time but it's still a cache. That's one up on me brother. Keep swinging that coil because there are more out there to be found. Congrats to you Mister.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say fearful but if it had the thumb bone? YUKKO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread