Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Cache at the root of a tree shook it heard the coins it was taped shut. I always go on the steep hills in this place cause the U of M college kids would climb up and down them and drop coins Ive found most of my silver on these hills and lots of rings, class rings a platinum ring, many silver rings and tokens ect. I was hoping this thing was stuffed with silver but NOOOOO NOOOOO Lincoln pennies and a few nickels 2 quarters a couple dimes all claddies This was worse than the mason jar I dug at a tree root which was a time capsule for two lovers that took forever to dig it out. I did find a cash 1 dollar bill, a earing silver I'm sure, a flash light , and more clad,, I love this hobby Even though they were recent coins the thrill I had just for those 3 to 4 minutes was Great I did stop and have a smoke before I opened it 20170720_115701.jpg 20170720_115701.jpg 20170720_115748.jpg 20170720_115810.jpg 20170720_115933.jpg 20170720_131851.jpg 20170720_174523.jpg 20170720_174555.jpg 20170720_195135.jpg so I could enjoy the suspense!!!!!!WOOOO HOOOOO Thanks for looking!!!!!!!

Upvote 93
OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you found a sleleten really old laying on top of a pile of cash and you had to break a bone to get the cash would you call the police get the cash or rebury the whole thing. me that thing would be dust then i would say a few words of thanks rebury it and leave with his booty ...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the cache and away from finger finds... My congrats on this find! What you found is that heart-pounding treasure container we all want to dig up. Don't be disappointed with contents --- enjoy the thrill and keep looking! :occasion14:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found money that was intentionally buried, I think that's super cool!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the cache and away from finger finds... My congrats on this find! What you found is that heart-pounding treasure container we all want to dig up. Don't be disappointed with contents --- enjoy the thrill and keep looking! :occasion14:
I did that's why I sat there for a while before I opened it Thanks your right

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
replant the container with a Hillary 2016 button inside :laughing7:
why I ALWAYS swing around trees, found near a full roll of wheat, Canada & zinkies all taped up nice & purdy at a school, plus plenty of multiple coin "spills" arond trees.
maybe squirrels saving up to buy a "nutcracker" :dontknow:

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How cool, A2! I can imagine the anticipation when pulling up a cache (something we haven't experienced yet). Congrats! -Lisa & John

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a virgin lesche you got there. Glad it's working for ya! Nice find. Caches are so exciting, I have found three. Two were geocache's and the third was full of ashes... DOH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a virgin lesche you got there. Glad it's working for ya! Nice find. Caches are so exciting, I have found three. Two were geocache's and the third was full of ashes... DOH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find geo caches all the time here at U of M campus area also!!!!!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly my kids will ask me what did you find and Ill pull out a few dollars in clad after 6 to 8 hours. They look at me like Im on drugs. LOL other people will also but I have found gold, Platnum, lots of silver ect. I think alot of people who see me believe Im looking for a treasure chest!!! Well I AM !!!!!!LOOKING FOR THOSE ALSO !!!!!!! Were NUTS but If were happy isnt that the goal in life!!!!!!!

Better to be addicted to treasure hunting of all sorts than to be addicted to drugs!
Awesome find! Very happy for you. I can only imagine the excitement you felt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew! I had to have a smoke before I opened this post!:o Fantastic recovery mate. The thrill of a lifetime although a bit too modern. You keep doing what you're doing and you will hit the BIG ONE my friend. You have that tenacity going for you. Don't let the family unit thinking you are nuts deter you from striking the Mother Load!:headbang:

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Modern cache! I wonder who would hide that? Some playing kids?
Still a great find in my opinion!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you found a sleleten really old laying on top of a pile of cash and you had to break a bone to get the cash would you call the police get the cash or rebury the whole thing. me that thing would be dust then i would say a few words of thanks rebury it and leave with his booty ...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Tommy...that's a no-brainer...I'd kick that pile of bones to the curb before you could say "HOLY S##T"!...Police? We don't need no steeenking badges!! You're a loony tune Tommy I think that's why we relate so well !! Sometimes you gotta be crazy to do what we do, day after day, week after week...for a handful (sometimes less) of coins and a pile of trash. Keep on keepin' on Tommy!! Ddf

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy...that's a no-brainer...I'd kick that pile of bones to the curb before you could say "HOLY S##T"!...Police? We don't need no steeenking badges!! You're a loony tune Tommy I think that's why we relate so well !! Sometimes you gotta be crazy to do what we do, day after day, week after week...for a handful (sometimes less) of coins and a pile of trash. Keep on keepin' on Tommy!! Ddf

Should I be "concerned" if I relate to you as well?:o:icon_cyclops_ani::icon_pale:

goeke

Greenie
Jul 2, 2017
Cape coral FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V 3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Cache at the root of a tree shook it heard the coins it was taped shut. I always go on the steep hills in this place cause the U of M college kids would climb up and down them and drop coins Ive found most of my silver on these hills and lots of rings, class rings a platinum ring, many silver rings and tokens ect. I was hoping this thing was stuffed with silver but NOOOOO NOOOOO Lincoln pennies and a few nickels 2 quarters a couple dimes all claddies This was worse than the mason jar I dug at a tree root which was a time capsule for two lovers that took forever to dig it out. I did find a cash 1 dollar bill, a earing silver I'm sure, a flash light , and more clad,, I love this hobby Even though they were recent coins the thrill I had just for those 3 to 4 minutes was Great I did stop and have a smoke before I opened it View attachment 1474570 View attachment 1474570 View attachment 1474571 View attachment 1474572 View attachment 1474573 View attachment 1474574 View attachment 1474575 View attachment 1474577 View attachment 1474579 so I could enjoy the suspense!!!!!!WOOOO HOOOOO Thanks for looking!!!!!!!

What did your detector say it was? Probably went off like it was a beer can . Nice find !

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's hilarious bud I love it

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I be "concerned" if I relate to you as well?:o:icon_cyclops_ani::icon_pale:
Kurios...heck NO!! We're all bitten by this communal bug of metal detecting and it affects us all the same...it starts with a simple curiosity of what MIGHT be hidden in the ground...we're happy digging change and trash, and then one day...ONE DAY...we pull a silver coin from Mother Earth and now it's too late for us...that venom goes straight to our gray matter and now we find ourselves detecting in the rain, in 100 degree heat, in the snow! I've said it before, I'm not proud of ut..at all, but a little over seven years ago, I was devoured by a different affliction. I was near death, near divorce, was unemployed...actually unemployable. My beautiful wife gave me the ultimatum-shape up or ship out. I chose correctly and I couldn't ask for a happier way of life today, and Kurios, it's great people like yourself, Tommy and every single person on this forum that keep me entertained, motivated and help the train stay on the tracks. I apologize if this went a different direction than initially intended..thx for your ears and your shoulders...couldnt do it without any of you...Scotty aka Ddf.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hobby gives me the high without the High if ya know what I mean. Havent seen some finds from ya in a while my friend. I gotta find time to visit ya hit some of those farms fields parks whatever and pillage like we were Pirates my brother Always I can already see the connection. Talk to ya soon Scotty ...... I got two girls happily married wouldnt trade it for anything Tommy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread