Results From a Couple Quick Hunts

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey guys,

I got out for about 45 minutes last night and maybe an hour and 15 minutes tonight. Both times I worked the small front yard of my new, 1908 rental. Last night I didn't turn up anything but clad and even found a quarter from 1997 9" deep. I thought maybe they had used fill dirt across the front lawn and was bummed about it.

I decided to give it another go this evening and am glad I did. I didn't have nearly as much time as I would've liked, but the good news is that there is some old coin out there! I found 3 wheaties and am hoping for a silver when I have some more time to finish going over it. Here are my totals from the evening:

-3 Wheaties (19-s, 26-s, 40-s)
-13 Memorial Cents
-2 Nickels
-1 Quarter

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (21).jpg

Happy hunting everyone!

-Washingtonian

Upvote 14

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely a good sign keep poking around that area�� Wish you luck on that silver I'm sure it's there.
Great finds thanks for sharing.

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Kurios1, if you don't mind me asking what part of north central Illinois are you from? I was born and raised in Dixon and around that whole area.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kurios1, if you don't mind me asking what part of north central Illinois are you from? I was born and raised in Dixon and around that whole area.

Cool. Dixon is about 15 miles west of me. One of my favorite spots to hunt is Lowell Park or anywhere along the Rock River. I live in Lee Center. I'll be heading to Dixon this afternoon. Maybe do some hunting if it's not raining or just too hot and humid.:hello:

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool. Dixon is about 15 miles west of me. One of my favorite spots to hunt is Lowell Park or anywhere along the Rock River. I live in Lee Center. I'll be heading to Dixon this afternoon. Maybe do some hunting if it's not raining or just too hot and humid.:hello:

Yeah my family has said it has been humid! You got to love Illinois, at least it's not tornadoes! I know exactly where Lee Center is. I was just in Dixon last month and did some hunting for the first time there, I actually posted my finds a while back on here found a old 1860s Crotal bell and a token from the Palmyra area (rural north west). I bet Lowell Park is great hunting I spent a lot of time there as a kid and I'm sure there is tons of treasure there, maybe even find something from Reagan! He was a lifeguard there as you probably know. Well good luck on your hunt later today keep me updated if you find anything interesting out at that park or in the area at that I am definitely interested.
Franklin Creek State Park has awful lot of history as well Jesse James gang actually hid out in the park. I love history!

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wheaties are a hopeful sign for other good finds. hope you find something good

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my family has said it has been humid! You got to love Illinois, at least it's not tornadoes! I know exactly where Lee Center is. I was just in Dixon last month and did some hunting for the first time there, I actually posted my finds a while back on here found a old 1860s Crotal bell and a token from the Palmyra area (rural north west). I bet Lowell Park is great hunting I spent a lot of time there as a kid and I'm sure there is tons of treasure there, maybe even find something from Reagan! He was a lifeguard there as you probably know. Well good luck on your hunt later today keep me updated if you find anything interesting out at that park or in the area at that I am definitely interested.
Franklin Creek State Park has awful lot of history as well Jesse James gang actually hid out in the park. I love history!

I found this down along the Rock River not far from where Ronnie would perform lifeguard duties. I wonder if he "lost" it at Lowell Park! He Hee!

001.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread