Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$4.17 in clad

A cool money clip from the western movie Hopalong Cassidy. I haven't cleaned it up yet but looks to be in good shape. The glass is still in there. I might just use it!

I have what assume is a coin, but it's got so much gunk on it, I don't know the best way to clean it, in case it's a half cent or something. Should I soak it or take a toothpick to it?

20170721_192401.jpg
20170721_192248.jpg
20170721_192332.jpg

Thanks for checking out my day!

Upvote 26

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone calls this thing a money clip. I have a hard time excepting that it is, but I really can't find any proof otherwise.
Here is my argument
A) Seems to me this thing was made to clip on your belt. You used it to find secret code through the window. They called it a Vectragraph?
B) The clip is way to short to hold folding money securely, What kid in the 50's had any folding money? It would be like "Here's a money clip for all that cash you wish you had" Shoot in the 60's I was excited to have a marble and a nickel
Anyway my 2 cent speculation I can't find the toy listed other than eBay and easy and they all say money clip. I digress

BTW Cool find! Did anyone here own one of these?

Drink...More....Ovaltine? :laughing9:

giphy.gif

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im surprised there is not more Hopalong stuff found, it was pretty popular in its day. Nice find!
He was my hero when I was a kid! (a very young kid, mind you!) I really envy Capone for finding that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread