Pocket spill ...

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I tried another new area, not sure what to expect. I decided to try 3 spots for 45 minutes each as a strategy and it paid off. On my way to the 3rd spot along a path I find a pocket spill which was the only excitement of the evening. I dug 1911, 1918, 1925 Wheaties (not pictured) - 1924 Merc - 1935 Buffalo.

Thanks for looking, good luck to everyone this weekend.

Screenshot_2017-07-21-22-20-15.png
Screenshot_2017-07-21-22-19-37.png

Screenshot_2017-07-21-22-19-06.png

Upvote 27

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice !!!! Congrats !!

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to find a spill like that. Nice old dates. Congrats. HH

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found many silver coins on the paths in old parks and woods they don't sink deep cause the ground is so packed down and thats where most people walked. Great little cache

OP
OP
Metal Headz

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive found many silver coins on the paths in old parks and woods they don't sink deep cause the ground is so packed down and thats where most people walked. Great little cache

Very true, these weren't more than an inch or two below the surface. I'm focusing on hillsides in old residential neighborhoods. It seems like there's still good stuff out there based on my results. I didn't post it but I found this silver ring last month on a random hillside in the city.

Screenshot_2017-07-22-17-02-21.png

It was resized, in that process half of the Sterling stamp was cut off.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you rescued them.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very true, these weren't more than an inch or two below the surface. I'm focusing on hillsides in old residential neighborhoods. It seems like there's still good stuff out there based on my results. I didn't post it but I found this silver ring last month on a random hillside in the city.

View attachment 1475144

It was resized, in that process half of the Sterling stamp was cut off.
Funny you say that I found two silver rings on one hill. This park I go to a lot has tons of old hills and trails . Hills are great too and the top of hills where people would sit. That looks like a really old class ring Great post!!!!!

OP
OP
Metal Headz

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny you say that I found two silver rings on one hill. This park I go to a lot has tons of old hills and trails . Hills are great too and the top of hills where people would sit. That looks like a really old class ring Great post!!!!!

Haha thanks, I should have posted the ring in today's finds the day I found it. I'll probably post it somewhere on here once I get the ring checked since I don't know about red stone if it's real or fake. If it's a class ring, it has no identifiers to trace it. It was on the surface almost all the way under a fallen tree, my coil swiped the side of it.

Yeah in Pittsburgh there's a lot of hills. I found my WL half on Mt Washington which over looks the sky scrapers downtown. I imagine it fell out of someones pocket where they sat down.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to cash some gold and a Plat ring in for a water heater RRRRRRRRR hhhhh!!! Anyway I also brought in some junk rings I was thinking were junk 1 was gold no markings ya never know. That really looks like a super old class ring either way that is sweet. I would find out about the stone on that a lot of pricey stones were probably not very pricey a long time ago , like they are now!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Metal Headz

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to cash some gold and a Plat ring in for a water heater RRRRRRRRR hhhhh!!! Anyway I also brought in some junk rings I was thinking were junk 1 was gold no markings ya never know. That really looks like a super old class ring either way that is sweet. I would find out about the stone on that a lot of pricey stones were probably not very pricey a long time ago , like they are now!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with cashing in gold/platinum for something necessary.

Very interesting point. I'm not knowledgable on old rings so I'll let you know once I find out. I'm very curious about how old it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread