Morning @ Neighbor's + Evening @ Lowell Park Flood Zone.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock River Flood Lowell Park 005.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 006.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 007.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 008.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 009.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 010.jpg

Howdy Folks. Started the day hunting the neighbor's yard after our drenching rain last night. Found the emerald green triple diamond costume broach and was pleased with that. Got another junk ring with diamonds too. WOO HOO! Five fake diamonds is a great way to start your day!:hello: Dug the long weird item with two holes in the end? Hmmm? I got a Ponds Cold Cream jar. Got a Hippy Peace ring made in India. To the right of my Peace ring is a "Tangee" lipstick cap. Got some more bullets & brass as my neighbor loves his weapons.:icon_thumleft: Got hot and muggy so I retreated to my AC & sun tea. Spent the early evening at Lowell Park in Dixon, Illinois and the Rock River was covering my hunting ground. Notice the wackos in the overloaded boat with NO life preservers out in the swollen river.:tard: Anyhow, I worked the fringes of the mowed area just above the floodzone and scored my 1944 P War Nickel. My only keeper from the park today but, as it's a "hunted out" park I am satisfied with my silver nickel. Hope ya'll have a fine Sunday. Kurios1

001.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg 004.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 001.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 002.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 003.jpg Rock River Flood Lowell Park 004.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool war nickel....good assortment all around...congrats !!

I've been getting eat alive with skeeters on my late evening hunts..ugh

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds, Congrats! Looks like the rain will help you find those deeper targets now...

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Kurios. Vintage jewelry always looks good in a display case.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice collection of finds. Its always a good day when you find some silver too. Congrats on the war nickel.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on all of the finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool war nickel....good assortment all around...congrats !!

I've been getting eat alive with skeeters on my late evening hunts..ugh

If you can imagine hunting next to a "swamp" along the Rock River then I reckon you know I am getting attacked pretty severely as well. That "Vanilla" smelling stuff I have been using from Casey's don't do squat to deter them vampires either. I suppose turpentine, gasoline, or DEET is the only remedy. Maybe Garlic?:dontknow:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds, Congrats! Looks like the rain will help you find those deeper targets now...

It's definitely helping the signals and digging has been a joy compared to the crumbling dirt. Now the heat is back on though.:sunny:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
applaud_01.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE ASSORTMENT of FINDS Kurios :..
LOVE THE HOUSE!

You must mean the "Chicken Condo" @ 1145 1/2 Inlet Road. Yes, that was my neighbor's gal who created that master crafted and Fox proof wonder. She can do darn near anything it seems. She does Blacksmith work and has her own little forge, carpentry, artistry, and was actually laying under her car changing her oil when I came to hunt the yard the other day. I tell my neighbor, DUDE, she's a KEEPER!!!:love4::o:headbang:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see the bling jewelry as hope for the real thing possibly being in the area and I don't mind digging it up occasionally. when the water drops, you should have better signals (better to find sinkers and hooks that is LOL). War nickles are cool in their own right. sounds like that Gal has got it together, a real keeper for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread