Interesting Find

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this interesting find today, got permission to detect an old house built in the late 1900’s to early 1920’s. The end of the tube reads “Ponds Extract Co. Made in the USA”. From what I can find on the internet it is a tube of lipstick made in the early fifties the color is Rascal Red Shade per the site I was looking at.

IMG_0714-1.JPG IMG_0715-1.JPG

Upvote 14

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, color of choice...for someone back then.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find.. Its good to find stuff like that to age the area your hunting!!!!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a handful of lipstick tubes over the years. Found a "Tangee" brand one yesterday. They are nostalgic and do provide a time period to the area you are hunting. Rascal Red, eh? Must have belonged to some "hussy". :angel12:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. If you hunt older areas such as Forest Preserves, or wooded areas where people once picnicked you will find quite a few of those. I have an entire display case filled with them, and each one is different. Hard to believe there were so many companies and colors back then.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With a little work got the tube open, and there is lipstick still in the tube after almost seventy years, and the color is red or to be exact “Rascal Red” LOL

IMG_0716.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread