Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this secluded creek and found some interesting bits of old metal I'm working on identifying, and a couple of wheat pennies ('42 and '44). Interesting, no signs of fishing or modern trash, so I plan on scouting further soon. I was in the water for about an hour, just wanting to test my new AT Pro in a stream and found it and the Pro Pointer AT both performed great. Thanks for looking!

Creek.JPG

Creek Pennies.JPG

Upvote 12

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Refreshing .
&
"A stream with no modern trash"
That's Amazing , These days 'Trash / Plastic ' prevails.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice and if the pennies are there and not much trash, maybe that's a good sign. Worth spending some time and at least gives time to relax and hone the skills with the detector and pinpointer in the water and on the banks! Enjoy!:icon_thumright:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
we do have some beautiful creeks in our area, unfortunately we have the 4 wheelers etc that tend to tear them up plus leave their out of state trash everywhere. good luck on your hunt in that area, should be some old house places around there too. you would be surprised at how many people lived in places like that years gone by. people looked for gold and silver around here as well plus sawmills and whole towns moved from one site to another cutting virgin timber. one that went through Mongomery/Scottand Polk counties had over 5000 people in it. You wouldn't know it by how the old places have grown up.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great time.

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the type of place I'd search too. Wheaties are a good sign that people were thru there decades ago. I bet you'll find more when you go back.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an ideal spot! Hopefully the flying bitting son of a @#€£% have not infested your neck of the woods like they have in W PA. It has been so wet this summer that if you come within 200' of water in the woods you are basically a moving swinging swarm.

OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an ideal spot! Hopefully the flying bitting son of a @#€£% have not infested your neck of the woods like they have in W PA. It has been so wet this summer that if you come within 200' of water in the woods you are basically a moving swinging swarm.

ha! Deep Woods Off works wonders. I was there in early morning, which helped as well. :laughing7:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet secluded tranquil looking place. If the skeeters and critters leave you be then I'd think it's paradise. The finds will be a bonus and I hope they are there awaiting you.:love2:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful place to hunt ! I think there could be mercs and silver rings there too , kinda looks like it could have been an old picnic site ,maybe a swimming hole as well.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, being you have a submersible ATP, you ought to start looking for other places like this, as well as rivers, swim holes, and baptismal sites. You might find Nirvana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread