ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had an appointment at the Detroit VA hospital today so I decided to take my gear and try a dive. I also thought I would try something new.

I get out there and go out to the deep muck. This muck is so deep unless there is a belt buckle down there, a half dollar, or a swim tag you don't get a signal anywhere. So I decide to move the muck around and listen to faint targets. Well I got 5 of them. As 1898 Barber quarter, a 1926 SLQ, a junk bracelet, a buckle and a woman's bath tag for the 1st locker.

I am VERY glad I only made one dive. I came home to a box on my porch. BOTH my Fisher CZ-21's with the 8" coils came back from First Texas. Glad no package thieves decided to run off with this one!

I am sure there are dimes and rings way way down in the muck. I can't wait to get back there with my 8" coil. That 10.5 is tiring me out while I am playing.

Upvote 35
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Another nice hunt Scuba. I'm glad your packaged detectors were on your porch also. As a retired UPS Delivery Driver, I know your concern about the package thieves ! Scum travels to even the best neighborhoods !!

Interesting information. I got on the phone with First Texas today. ALL packages they send have signature required. I get on Fedex's website and I SIGNED FOR IT!! IMPOSSIBLE. 2500.00 in detectors sat on my porch for almost 5 hours because the driver forged my name.

Totally unacceptable.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the tip, I remember you saying something about this before.
Looking at recent google maps imagery, looks like the trailers are no more, only their concrete pads remain ,,, So they may be redeveloping the area.
Is there a beach area there per se, or just 1 big random swimming hole ?

Was a huge swim area at Walt's Point. Run by his son. That whole shoreline used to be good from Walt's point to the trailer park.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, nice that you got your detectors with no loss, that they were left and should have been signed for not good. If they had been stolen, you know there would have been a fight to get you any insurance coverage on them and that probably would not cover what you really have in them. New camera, big boys toys! Guess your other toy has since more than paid for itself with not having to go fill you tanks and filling others paintball gun tanks? Look forward to see how the camera does. Nice finds!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome finds from awesome work. yep, have lost packages also and now I camp out at the house when expecting a package like that. The work part, where there is a need, there is a way...just sometimes this requires extra work until you or someone else figures out a better way to do it. good luck on that and can't wait to see some vids of it.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, nice that you got your detectors with no loss, that they were left and should have been signed for not good. If they had been stolen, you know there would have been a fight to get you any insurance coverage on them and that probably would not cover what you really have in them. New camera, big boys toys! Guess your other toy has since more than paid for itself with not having to go fill you tanks and filling others paintball gun tanks? Look forward to see how the camera does. Nice finds!

I absolutely love the fact I can back up in my driveway, open the truck, pull out the drawer and fill my tanks. I never have to move the tanks except to use them.

I also don't have to drag 14 of them around.

This is an older picture. I have the filling station in a cabinet now I am so happy to have this critter. I haven't started filling any other tanks but mine and Kevin's yet. I have been thinking about it, but a bit nervous as to liability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread