Not Much But, Some Old Peculiar Lead.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks. I took the last two days off due to humidity. I got the junk chain and pendant thing in my neighbor's yard. I went out today along the Rock River in Dixon again and hit a tiny little park I have hammered over the years. I managed to find the little lead soldier dude. His sharpshooting days are over I'm afraid.:wave: I then pulled out a flattened piece of old lead that has a pattern on one side of it. I believe some soldiers camped here perhaps during the Blackhawk Wars of this area may have been bored and designed this weird piece of lead. I have found musket balls and globs of lead in this area so I think this is from the same era. Anyhow not much but, I do like old and peculiar things so I am good with my therapy session. See you around. Kurios1

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 006.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice assortment of interesting finds, I especially love the metal soldier, I can't wait to find one of those myself! Congrats:icon_thumright:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! :icon_thumright: Love the lead soldier and especially the tabby!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Kurios! I'm wondering if the unidentified piece might be some sort of fossil..looks like a great site. Love the kitty! We have three here, they earn their keep by killing mice, moles and anything else that is unfortunate enough to cross their path. They usually chew'em in half and dump'em on the front porch for us to enjoy. Great post, my friend. ..Ddf

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that cat is one special find! The other finds are also really cool.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff, love the toy soldier....and the cat too lol

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt.....some very cool finds !!!

Congrats !!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that cat is one special find! The other finds are also really cool.

The cat was a "rescue" kitten from my previous trailer park days. "Tigger" has been with me for over 15 years and is about the lovingest cat I have ever known. He's with me where ever I go.:cat:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool soldier infantry division . sounds like lots of possibilities at that site.thanks for sharing your finds.. I taught i taw a putty cat!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool soldier infantry division . sounds like lots of possibilities at that site.thanks for sharing your finds.. I taught i taw a putty cat!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

This is the tiny park where I recovered my trime back when they were tearing out the curbs and sidewalks. It gave me my first Indian Head penny as well. I rarely get any old coins in this area anymore as I have repeatedly pounded the heck out of it. I am sure there has to be more and it's a lovely spot along the river so great for therapy. Thanks for your faithful and consistent support Tommy.:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread