Seated Quarter, Counterfeit 8 Reales, Seated Dime, Civil War!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Got out with Shangalang for a land hunt after my water adventure. Was hotter than hell at 95 degrees. Luckily the finds were hot too. Here's the video:

Shangamufugus dug a nice canteen spout and the 1842-O Seated Dime and I got a decent (although dented) Eagle CW button. Also eyeballed a nice early marble (hand made marble) along with a handful of other marbles and a paste "jewel" setting from a ring. Unfortunately eyeballed some killer bitters bottles (broken by the plow). Got a nice high reading and dug a discolored, silver dollar-sized disc. Even though it has no detail whatsoever, there is an edge design, and it is exactly the right diameter for an 8 Reales. After some baking soda and aluminum foil treatment to remove the corrosion, it was silver-colored (obviously made of some sort of debased silver alloy). I'm thrilled to have a counterfeit 8 in the collection. Seems like most of these coins were counterfeits unless cut wedges. Oh, and I found Jesus along the way. :laughing7: After lunch I got a solid 79 in the bottom of a cane row and popped out a beautiful 1856-O Seated Quarter (my 5th one ever). Then I scratched out a Mcclellan saddle piece (bent, but I straightened it--see display case photos below). Also walked up on a brass head staring up at me from the cane row!

IMG_4966a.jpg
Enjoy the pics and corny video. :laughing9:

Here's the big 8 fresh out of the ground, after cleaning, and a close-up of the circle/dash edge design visible. Diameter is 38mm and the weight is 25 grams.

IMG_3720a.jpg IMG_1135.JPG IMG_3724a.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG IMG_1139.JPG

Here's the Seated Quarter!

IMG_4956a.jpg IMG_4961a.jpg IMG_4964a.jpg

IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1137.JPG

And all my finds:

IMG_1130.JPG IMG_1133.JPG IMG_1134.JPG

Cheers,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 51
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much my friend!

Great video as usual man :occasion14: That counterfeit 8 reales is quite a find. Another great hunt and looking forward to the next one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread