More Silver and first stone!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all. Got a chance to swing the detector for about an hour yesterday. Decided to hit an old homesite that's on an abandoned county fair grounds. Picked up 3 dimes & 11 pennies including this wheatie. The little necklace rang in at a penny/dime signal and I caught some adrenaline when I saw it. Thinking it may be old because of where I was and the fact that it was down about 4". When I started to pull it out I realized it was still on the chain! It must have taken me 15 minutes to extricate it from the roots etc. that had it in their grips. The chain is so fine I was afraid it would break. When I finally got it out of the hole I was surprised it was intact! I think it isn't old judging from the clasp on the chain but it does have a beautiful little stone in it. Ruby? Garnet? I don't care what it is cause it's my first jewelry with a stone. Silver is marked 925. Had a little run on silver the past two days. 2 rings(925 & 900), 1 junk ring, 1 earring(925) and this necklace,(925)! Couldn't get out today but was thinking about TH'ing all day! Hope you're all getting out more than me ;D HH~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02783.jpg
    Dcp02783.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0
O

Oddfello

Wow great find there. Suprised it's not a locket by the looks of it. Very nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread