My first silver coin.. in August!

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a rough year so far, not much to talk about. Today I managed to do something I haven't done in a while..

That's right. After 340 days (August 26, 2016) since I dug a silver coin, I finally got one tonight! Of course, it had to be in with a clad dime.
IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0721.JPG

Also, my first piece of a harmonica reed. I guess there's a first for everything. :)

Found these at a baseball field about an hour and a half away from home. A gentleman was there cutting the lawn and told us about the history of the town (population of 350) and was very friendly. Apparently, the field I was in hasn't seen a team for about 30 years now. Crazy to think about.

Now to wait another year for another silver. :laughing7::laughing7:

HH!

Upvote 21

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! That's awesome! Enjoy the moment!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a long drought. I ain't no silver king but, if I go too long without one I will take certain measures to get me one just to keep things in "balance". Have you done much research closer to home? I don't mind road trips but, three hours round trip for a sight that may not have as much potential as things closer to home doesn't make much sense to me. Just trying to help out mate. This spot might be a good one. Congrats on breaking the drought and I hope you can find some spots closer to home to increase your silver, 1800's relics, etc. totals. That far out east you should be able to find something that has some history around you I reckon. Good hunting.:hello:

OP
OP
okpych

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a long drought. I ain't no silver king but, if I go too long without one I will take certain measures to get me one just to keep things in "balance". Have you done much research closer to home? I don't mind road trips but, three hours round trip for a sight that may not have as much potential as things closer to home doesn't make much sense to me. Just trying to help out mate. This spot might be a good one. Congrats on breaking the drought and I hope you can find some spots closer to home to increase your silver, 1800's relics, etc. totals. That far out east you should be able to find something that has some history around you I reckon. Good hunting.:hello:

Oh, we didn't go all the way out here for just digging alone lol. Just stopped on the way and saw it.

I strangely enough haven't done very well near my area for a while, but that's probably because I haven't gotten out as much as I did. :p

Charleston would be a good place, but if i recall correctly a lot of it is out of bounds for detecting.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job breaking the silver drought, here's to hoping you don't have to wait so long for the next one!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's worth celebrating! Congrats on getting your silver fix. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the next one.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding silver coins takes dedication, persistence and creativity. People have been detecting since the 1960s so the obvious spots have been hit hundreds of times. I went to the local University and printed out a map of the city from the 1950s. It was an eye-opener. Parks that I assumed were old had not even been built yet. Same with schools. This map is only a guideline as it lacks detail which an MDer would need to pinpoint a spot. I can guarantee you one thing: staying home will yield 0 silver coins.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Silver ! Good hunting and more silver in the near future for you. Congrats !!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on ending your silver drought. Not all of us can pull silvers on every outing. There are many times I can go a little while without a silver also. My only saving grace is that if I'm not finding silver, I can usually pull a nice copper or relic out of the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread