New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went yesterday for a quick dip in my lake that I have been pounding for the last three years. I've been going very slow listening for faint signals, I heard that familiar sweet silver sound. After chasing, circling my target and scooping about four times it was getting louder and the number was staying a clean 95. I was thinking a quarter expecting to see a Washington, when on about my eight scoop I spotted the grey coin in my scoop. When I pulled it out I seen Lady Liberty standing. I have found approximately 30 silver Washington's at this very spot but never a SLQ,This was the first at this lake. Never ceases to amaze me how things can still be in the very same piece of bottom I've been over hundreds of times. I had planed on hunting a couple hours but I took that as my exit find and left to hunt again at my favorite honeyhole another hot day.
I had to zap this one because I could not see if it had stars on the reverse, had to look for that nipple!

20170804_1747031.jpg 20170804_1747371.jpg Resized_20170804_172834.jpg Resized_20170804_172840.jpg

20170804_1730241.jpg 20170804_1856401.jpg 20170804_1857051.jpg 20170804_1730471.jpg

Upvote 39
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to crack a joke. But I just can't. That find is just too nice to joke about.
Jokes are welcome, thanks

Getting down to the SLQ layer!
Nice congrats!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
I found a 3 merry widows tin and a silver nipple ring yesterday, lol

Nice find brother to bad about them SLQ most I find are dateless still a damn good find..
I found a beauty in the other lake with a date on it. Thanks Park pirate

Nice one Brad, fair rare down here also! I need to get up to that lake before it's cleaned out!!
I've been trying to share with you for years, thanks bud, I'll see you someday.

Thanks

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorite U.S. coin, with the flowing hair dollar. Congrats on the SLQ!

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No other bird in the sky "or ground" could look so good in flight !! Awesome find congrats!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

One of my favorite U.S. coin, with the flowing hair dollar. Congrats on the SLQ!
Thanks Bill, I remember in my first week of detecting I found a SLQ, I thought I just had found a few hundred bucks. I had never even heard of a coin like that, it was so pretty and so so old, I just knew it had to be worth a thousand dollars or less! Lol

No other bird in the sky "or ground" could look so good in flight !! Awesome find congrats!
Walker has a great design too along with a great reverse eagle. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread