👀Today's Finds👀

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted about 5hrs this morning, early before the heat!! The site was a old 1855 home and the address is **** ****** ** ********, OR!!!:laughing7: I found a cool 1905 Portland Fair pin I believe, about 6 inches in roots. Also some old shot gun shells (UMC No 16 New Club and Winchester Blue Rival No 10). Found a play coin from chicken little as well!
(1905 Portland Oregon fair was the Lewis and Clark centennial)

Hope you enjoyed today's Finds! HH

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    731.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    811.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    919.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Upvote 21

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty cool finds, congrats

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds !! Congrats !!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just adore the fair token.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool old token thingy. Chicken Little money? Really, COOL! I hope your old home sight brings you even cooler old goodies.:headbang:

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool old token thingy. Chicken Little money? Really, COOL! I hope your old home sight brings you even cooler old goodies.:headbang:

Hey Kurios1, thanks! From my understanding chicken Little is a folklore and turned into books and games. I actually got some information on this play coin from A past post on Tnet. Oh and I was going to message you and see if you knew there's another gentleman from Dixon on here he goes by DigginDave, thought you might want to know. HH

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Have you deciphered the name on the Token? I see Howard but can't make out the rest -

thanks for posting!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the cool relics! :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Have you deciphered the name on the Token? I see Howard but can't make out the rest -

thanks for posting!!!

Yeah it is "J Howard Taylor Columbia SD" did a quick Google search and found he was a pharmacist in 1905 in Columbia South Dakota. Pretty cool!

Thanks for the post HH

OP
OP
S

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted about 5hrs this morning, early before the heat!! The site was a old 1855 home and the address is **** ****** ** ********, OR!!!:laughing7: I found a cool 1905 Portland Fair pin I believe, about 6 inches in roots. Also some old shot gun shells (UMC No 16 New Club and Winchester Blue Rival No 10). Found a play coin from chicken little as well!
(1905 Portland Oregon fair was the Lewis and Clark centennial)

Hope you enjoyed today's Finds! HH

Update: I found out a little more information about the token, here is a reply from Oregon historical society:

Thank you for your email. We have a few of these in our museum collection, all with different names engraved. I believe these were a commemorative token sold at the Lewis & Clark Centennial Exposition and Oriental Fair of 1905 in Portland. I think visitors could pay and request their names be added to the souvenir. For more information, you could research the fair and its souvenirs. Our research library may be a good place to start: http://librarycatalog.ohs.org/EOSWebOPAC/

Best of luck!
Nicole Yasuhara
Collections Manager
Oregon Historical Society

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread