Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Guys and Gals,

Well today was the first time out in 6 Months due to my heart op's....

I went to a old house that was burnt down due to a lightning strike about 15 + years ago. The mine bought out the property so that they could sink a new shaft down for gold, so the house is just ruins now.

I did not find much except for a bottle, an old blade, a pice of copper rod, and a couple of lead roof washers.
The rubbish was plenty, which included tons of pieces of tin foil which i think may have come from a lagging in the roof, tin cans, bottle tops, and of course the famous pull tab ;D

Anyway, it was a great time out with lots of fresh air. I will have to take it easy for a couple of weeks as my back is killing me :'(

House Chimney.jpg

First picture is what is left of the house :o

Swim Pool No 2.jpg

Anybody for a swim?

Mine Shaft.jpg

The shaft which took the place of the house.

Finds No 2.jpg

My finds.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed getting out and back into action.

God bless
Peter

Upvote 0

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
May not seem like much, but it's good that your back at it and I am sure once you get back into the swing of things again, it'll only get better.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D Welcome back to te field. Nice pictures and finds by the way. I know how you feel, I was out for a year and a half due to three back operations. Ladyfox wants me to give up detecting now as it takes a lot out of me and I've only been out twice in the past month and a half. She says it takes several days befor I can do anything else around here again. Its in one ear and out the other though. HH and take it easy for a while.

Desertfox

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks lost at sea ;D

I did not expect to have found much there anyway, but it was a place that was easy to get too, and the groung was pretty level.... helps with the back and legs.
I will be full swing in the very near future and then it is off to the Boer war fields ::)

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, I will be taking it easy deon't you worry....

God bless
Peter

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
The finds are good, but really matters is that you are back and able to do it again. Just don't over do it! Slow and easy, and keep em coming.

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Guys and Gals ::)

I must admit it is great to be back in the field again.... And I promise I will take it very easy ;)
It has been a hard time that I have been through, but with God's help and the encouragement from all you guys and gals..... I am on top of the world again.

God bless
Peter

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and site Peter, may get better but it seems you will have to clean out the trash before the good stuff comes up. Sounds like you had a heart bypass, detecting is probably the best form of exercise for you. HH, Mike

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Guys,

It is a nice place, but not sure how old the house was before it got zapped by the lightning to know if there is anything there or not. I just needed to have my first hunt on an easy site ;D
Mike, it was not a heart bypass, but was 5 operations to get rid of a very bad case of arythmia.... Instead of my heart running between 60 and 90 bpm, mine ran at 239 bpm. they said it was the worse case they had ever seen. (not even a athelete can reach that bpm)
They said that I ran the marathon every day of my life, but without winning medals :-\ On the 2nd operation, they had to bring me back with those electric shock pads.... wow that thing kicks like a mule, and it feels like it afterwards :'(
Anyway, 5 operations later, they have finally managed to stop the problem. Now I have to get my strength back again, and get fit, and lose my stomach ::)

But all has turned out just fine, thanks to a great God, and you guys ;)

God bless
Peter

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Theres no better physical therapy!!!Take it nice and slow.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome back pgill,

Nice finds for your first time back. Prayers are on the way for your continued recovery. Nice to have you back in the field.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Welcome back to the swinging circuit, Peter! Glad to hear that you're back to swinging that thing! Take it slow, buddy! We missed hearing about your finds.
--Mel

borninok

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad your back out and swinging pgill, hope everything is gonna be alright for you now! take it easy and work back into things slow and goodluck ;)

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone, it makes a big difference when you have friends on your side ;)

God bless
Peter

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia ora Peter,
Good to hear that you are out and about - and thanks for another interesting post.
That certainly was a radical beat you had :o
I've had experience of it, but not like that.
Thank God and the advance of science, that we still have you :)

For you to help regain strength, an easy - or Hard (you control it) exerciser for the upper body, especially arms, shoulders, I would like to suggest that you look into buying a 'powerball' -I found the South African link to the source for you.
http://www.nsdpowerball.co.za/shop/

I've had one for a while, given my two martial artist sons one each and given another away as a prize.

I've actually been meaning to post the link to powerball on it's own thread, because they seem to be a natural exercise tool for Mder's - might do that tonight ;D

Kia kaha Peter,
Aroha, Mike

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mike, thanks for the kind words and information..... I would have to save up to get one of those balls, I must admit, they do look interesting and fun though.
What I am using at this time is a walker machine, as it is using the legs and arms.... Taking it very easy to start with, and then building up. I also have a skipping rope, which I used to be able to do no problem.... note the words USED TO ;D I nearly killed myself the last time I tried.
I was told not to exercise because of the problem with my heart, in case I got my heart beat up high and then had an attack which would probably then kill me >:( so even at work I used to drive around instead of walking. This has been going on for about 8 years. So you can guess how unfit I am because of this, and the size of my stomach has grown some ::)
I must admit, even the metal detecting yesterday was not easy..... my legs and arms are killing me today :'( I was thinking of going out again today, but that has now been shelved.

Thanks again for everything, I hope and pray that God will bless you all.

Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread