Sunday's Adventure...Fought the Devil for it's treasure - Civil War War of 1812 KGIII

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They say the Devil takes on many faces.....well, I now know for a fact that wild blackberry bushes are one of those many faces. It was a hard fought battle but Chuck Norris prevailed and beat those evil evil bushes into submission and claimed the treasure as his!!!

Went to the southern territory on Sunday to meet up with a friend. He had some honey-do's to finish up in the morning so I hit a patch of woods that we explored a few months ago. There was a section that gave up some early to mid 1800s stuff the last time and I was sure I could find it again......well, I was wrong. It was so grown up now and I got lost in a jungle of wild black berry bushes.....It felt like I was in Cambodia it was so thick.....took almost an hour and half to find the location and cost me about 8 pints of blood from the brambles and briars. Chuck Norris was on a mission and blood is overrated anyways.

Here's where I was......this was one of the clear spots I was hunting
IMAG5425.jpg

Finally stumbled onto the spot and my first signal was this......Civil War general service eagle button.....made the blood loss and legs that looked like they went thru a meat grinder worth it.
IMAG5426.jpg
Very next signal was a cuff sized War of 1812 Navy button.....Now we're talkin!!
IMAG5427.jpg
Slowed down a little after that but was steady digging lead, scrap brass, shot gun shells, and assorted doo-dads then got a nice deep faint high signal.....popped out a KGIII half penny, looks like 1806
IMAG5428.jpg
My buddy texted and said he was free and clear so I navigated my way back thru the garden of doom and met him at the Wawa and off we went to a new farm permission he recently got. The farm was under crops and was active with pickers so we putzed around on the edges and did a little exploring in preparation for the fall.....found a few things including a 1900 Indian Head, Victorian brooch and about 10 spoons....must have been a great year for growing spoons because they were everywhere. I had about 1 1/2 hours left before I had to head back up so we ninja'ed back into the woods where I started......that was a wise decision

Ended up with a few more buttons and things including the cool shamrock button and my buddy found a killer little early 1800s brass boot pistol....its awesome!!
Here's my day's haul.....
IMAG5431_1.jpg
And the best of it......not a bad day's work....nice mix of finds and very happy with the buttons
IMAG5435_1.jpg
We're gonna wait till the winter to get back into the Devil's Den....the thorny guardians will have died down by then and my blood supply should be replenished by then. Until the next adventure....thanks for looking and HH

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well worth the effort, I say. I enjoyed your descriptive adventure and can feel your pain.
There must have been some tug of wars with the coil and brambles as well.
Glad you survived to tell your story.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn nice collection of finds. Those two military buttons plus the shamrock are amazing. I don't envy the pain and blood loss you went through to get them!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Hunt !! I can only wish for some finds like that.
Congrats!!

Last edited:

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, youve got me crackin up over here! Great story, awesome finds! Thanks for enduring the blackberry bushes so we can see all that cool stuff. Youre the man Chuck Norris!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck Norris once told me you get out of this hobby what you put into it. He also told me that the thorny devils will still be there in the winter, just no leaves on the branches. The last thing he told me was "stick to cow pastures this time of year".

Nice digs. You definitely got out of it what you put into it :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP